Search results

1. C

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Drive - Cheap 2.5" 4TB drives

After reading this I am tempting to load in my 32 bay drive on Dell Power t630 with either PERC H330 or H730P
  2. C

Mellanox Connectx-2 VPI Dual Port Adapter - $49.99 OBO

did you ever figure out how to use them ?
  3. C

How do I stay in IPoIB? need switch ? I had try to follow this InfiniBand install & config for vSphere 5.5 | Erik Bussink to install OpenSM, everything seem to be install, but when I ran step Setting MTU and Configuring OpenSM After the reboot we have two more commands to pass. esxcli...
  4. C

I am still learning all this but tell me why do we need to do all this? is this going to update to latest firmware or just different type of firmware ? I got my card today and I was able to set both port at 40000MB. no update or any kind, I plug it in the ESXi host 6.0 it boot up and recognized...
  5. C

would that cable allow you to do 40GB via IB ? does the card need to reflash to work with ESXi ?
  6. C

first post need some help with Napp-it

well I found out something interesting. whin the ESXi 6.0 host if I do the iperf test. I can not break the 5GB here is the loopback test [root@ESXi-2:/vmfs/volumes/530b77a8-eb4863d0-5cbb-0010185a2572/iperf/iperf_2.0.2-4_amd64] time ./iperf -c127.0.0.1...
  7. C

sorry if I beat a dead horse, but will this work with card below? Mellanox ConnectX-2 VPI Dual-Port 40GB Adapter Card HCA-30024 700Ex2-Q. I plan to use it with ESXi 6.0 between the two node for now. I assume it won't need to have switch in between
  8. C

going to try to see if I can do it over this weekend, going to trash the vSAN, it is nice to have vSAN, but this is for home use I don't want to keep 3 server running in order for vSAN to work correctly. beside the 1GB network don't seem to work well with vSAN...
  9. C

you are right I have too much cache, I had cache in VMDK disk, in OS and in ZFS... that may explain why I have my 30 second test run is so much faster then 120 second test run....
  10. C

sorry if my post was not clear. - LSI HBA in pass-through mode... right now it not a pass through mode since I have other disk on there run vSAN which I am not too happy with the performance either due to the fact 1GB network. and it require me to have three server to stay up for the test. in...
  11. C

my first post so go easy on me I had download the Nap-it VM and install in ESXi 6.0 host running Dell Poweredge T320 CPU Xeon® E5-2420 v2 2.20GHz, 15M Cache 80 GB RAM DELL Perc H310 flash to LSI IT firmware allow deep queue from 25 to 600 2 x WD Green WD40EZRX 4TB with modify head park from 8...