Search results

1. N

Ruckus R750 ZoneFlex Access Point 901-R750-WW00 $449.99

Also interested in this, I'm from Norway
  2. N

AiO: ESXi, OmniOS, Napp-it on Ryzen 3rd gen

Just replaced one of the disks of the 11x8TB IronWolf pool. Getting great resilvering speeds, with 1.13-1.44GB\s read from the pool and 119-148MB\s write to the repaced disk. CPU usage is around 30-50% root@nas:~# zpool status tank1 pool: tank1 state: DEGRADED status: One or more devices is...
  3. N

Ok, so I've done a few more benchmarks. First with 16gb ram then with 42gb ram. The RaidZ3 write with sync disabled increased from 1238MB\s to 1647MB\s. Still, just using MC and copying from an nvme drive or from the 3x900gb SAS stripe pool to this raidz3 only gives about half that at around...
  4. N

Thanks gea, Good to hear. I'm not using ZFS\Nappit guest to share storage to any VMs(or to ESXI). Virtual machines have their own direct attached storage(I've decided to have it like this until I see the value/performance of transferring them over to ZFS guest). I was under the impression that...
  5. N

Thanks for the input. I've over the past 7months tried various changes and also had 2 failures of the 8TB disks(which was very easy to manage and replace without any dataloss thanks to Nappit and ZFS). Overall I've got some more write\read throughput. But im still miles of from what I expect...
  6. N

Thanks for the support. I've created a .pdf with this data. ZFS-testing-diagnose-rev1.pdf I struggle a bit to understand this data, but seems both the RaidZ3 pool and the SAS stripe array performance is ok, but the Samsung NVMe PM963 drive performance is not that good(datasheet list 2000MB/s...
  7. N

I ended up converting this rig from old Xeon D1541 motherboard to ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F with Ryzen 3900x. Been running with ESXi and nappit since April and very happy with it. Had to get SAS3008 pci-e card, as the my old mb had this onboard. Reason to my upgrade was that CPU was maxing out upon...
  8. N

EU 2x 32GB DDR4 , 4 x E5-2660v3

I have 4 sticks of 32GB DDR4 2400 ECC for sale, live in Norway. So I can ship to Europe for 25Euro
  9. N

At first look the Asus X570-ACE looks good, but seems there are some limitations on NVMe drives and PCIe slots. Have looked at a few more motherboards and Gigabyte X570 AORUS ULTRA looks to be a great contender in the same price range, with more features \ pcie lanes exposed. I'm planning to...
  10. N

First of, thank you all for all your contributions here on the forum. I'm not an active writing user, but I often read here as I'm really into various computer and network stuff. I have the last couple of years run a AiO, with ESXi with 4-5 VMs, one of them with OmniOS with Nappit for ZFS...
  11. N

Datto Xeon D 1541 board -- $501.15 shipped + 6/8% ebay bucks for some

Anyone know if this board supports bifurcation?
  12. N

What kind of read\write performance do you guys get with the x1 PCI slot? I only get around 300mbyte\s with a Samsung SM963, running the device in passthrough(through ESXI) to nappit\omnios. Was expecting at least double of this...
  13. N

EU 2x 32GB DDR4 , 4 x E5-2660v3

Sent you a PM for the RAM
  14. N

Happy times. Testet with a Samsung PM961 NVMe on this Datto board(with latest bios). I confirm that this does indeed show up and works under ESXi :) Have ordered a couple of SM963 to be used with this setup. However I also put in a SATA disk in the other m.2 slot, this did show up in the bios...
  15. N

I have not received the motherboards yet and I will be going on vacation for a week or two. But this is one of the first things I will check when I get back :) The NVMe drive located in my laptop is a Samsung PM961 NVMe drive. I will report back as soon get the chance to test it Feel free to...
  16. N

Good suggestion, I'll try to insert the NVMe drive currently located in my Dell XPS 13 laptop to see what the ASRock\Datto MB Board will report when the boardsarrive. If anyone else have any knowledge about this, please let us know :)
  17. N

Thanks Evan. But I am a little concerned that there is no word about NVMe in the Asrock user manual or on their page. But based on your answer a m.2 NVMe drive will fall back to 'PCIe mode' in order to be comptabile with non NVMe motherboard? Just trying to understand this 100% before I go...
  18. N

Just bought two of these myself. I understand that they have 2 M.2 connectors, that can support either SATA or PCI-E x1 3.0(limited to x1 speed according to the Asrock user manual block diagram). I assume a PCI-E x1 3.0 SSD(up to 950mb/s) will be faster than a SATA(approx 550mb/s) SSD. Can...