Search results

1. U

Cisco UCS Server Rizer Compatibility | Use two rizers of type one | How bad is this idea?

TLDR: Is it possible to use Rizers labeled "Rizer 1" in the Rizer 2 spot with Cisco UCS C240 M4 Servers? I got a bunch of Cisco C240 M4 servers (some branded M4, some M4SX and some BE7000H) but they are all basically the same regarding the pcie setup. Originally you could order all three of...
  2. U

Supermicro X11SPI-TF Mainboard Networking gets a little warm

yeah well the thing is that was idle i just tried to put load on them and they got close to 94°C now
  3. U

Supermicro X11SPI-TF Mainboard Networking gets a little warm

Is it normal that it goes to about 75°C while mostly idle with two 10G connection plugged in? It is below some pcie expansion cards but general airflow isnt terrible ether. As far as i am aware it is bellow the little heatsink next to the first pcie slot, does it need a repast / new thermalpad...
  4. U

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

There are a bunch from Intertech if you are in europe, https://www.inter-tech.de/server_case_en.html keep in mind most standard atx io bezels are just to tall to fit inside 1u. You might want to look into 2u cases with a better low profile cooler if you can, these 1u coolers that you could get...
  5. U

just a wild guess, but is it possible that only some rails or pins inside the psu connector are broken an the other mainboard that works just so happens not to use the broken ones while the gigabyte one does? You can get a psu tester from amazon for like 15$ and verify that, also generally a...
  6. U

not 100% sure but i dont think so, from what i read G series are not officially supported and i just tried a 3200G i had floating around and it refused to boot similar to when the memory is installed in the wrong slots Edit: the manual mentiones "AMD 3rd gen with Vega Graphics" as possible cpu...
  7. U

But like no joke gigabyte has one of the nicest ipmis i have worked with so far. Very responsive and nice modern look and tons of features Tons of settings Temperatures & The other standard sensors Main Dashboard Freely configurable fancurves (not only four presets like on Supermicro...
  8. U

only tried it later to see how it behaves, if it is just going to throw one of those "Pls correct memory positions Blah Blah" or if it is not going to boot / beep codes
  9. U

yeah i know but on the board it is with 0 / 1 at least it is called like that in the ipmi and also printed on the board
  10. U

Ordered a bunch of them last week, got them today. So far i was able to test two and both instantly worked / no problem. The only thing i stumbled across is that the A1 slot needs to be populated first then B1, then A0 then B0, otherwise you will get the fans spinning but no post / no video out...
  11. U

CPU & Mainboard for high power opnsense router

jup they are, but vyos is cli only and is missing certain features i want and opnwrt is also missing features i am looking fore (like HA)
  12. U

CPU & Mainboard for high power opnsense router

My isp is hopefully upgrading my connection within the next couple weeks (10 to 25g) so i will have to replace my firewall. I already looked into tsnr, vyos, openwrt and routeros but i settled on OPNSense for a lot of reasons. I am fully aware that opnsense / pfsense is not going to be able to...
  13. U

100G NIC for cheap, where is the catch? | Lenovo branded Intel QSFP28 NIC 00WE029

I just stumbled over an ebay listing for some Lenovo OEM 100g networking cards for around ~60$, its from a quite big / known european seller so i dont think they are counterfeit. They are listed as Lenovo Intel Nic PN 00WE029 (and PN 00WE025 for an even cheaper pcie x8 version) Are those...
  14. U

VRM modify ICC_MAX to run high Current/TDP OEM processors

Generally speaking do vrms have over temperature protection? They apparently have a temp sensor since it shows up in the ipmi, do they have one or one on each stage? Lets say the vrm heatsink doesnt make good contact or otherwise fails and the vrms get no cooling, will they blow up / cause...
  15. U

LGA3647 CPU plastic clips where to get

going to try that, maybe they sell them
  16. U

LGA3647 CPU plastic clips where to get

Anyone knows where to get replacement plastic clips / mounting that is used to attach the cpu to the cooler? Got a couple used coolers but they came without them. Preferably in the eu, only thing i found is an ali listing for over 30€ / piece. https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000593729901.html
  17. U

ok thanks, wanted to be really sure, airflow with the second heatsink shouldnt be to much of a problem planing to use it in a 4u chassis with two Noctua NH-D9 DX-3647
  18. U

ok you dont need to get one extra for this, 5-10w more would be totally fine, other question, it wouldnt be a good idea to put two 8259CL on a X11DPI NT due to the missing heat sink for cpu 1 right? Theoretically speaking, if someone would still put one on it (with the vrm software mod) would it...