Search results

1. O

PCIe Card Storage Ideas

I have a pile of cards accumulating, so far they're just bagged and piled in a box. Curious if anyone has any sort of storage ideas that will protect them but at the same time make them easy to organize, identify and retrieve.
  2. O

Home rack heat evacuation techniques?

My 32U rack is full, cool air intake at front, exhaust all out the rear. I have a front door but rear is fully open. I'm thinking of building a tent type enclosure encompassing the whole rear hooked up to a duct and to a large low RPM fan to draw the hot air out to a specific direction. Is this...
  3. O

Used GPU recommendations for R730 AI build.

I'm looking to build a dedicated AI machine based off of a R730. I'd like to pick up some used GPU's for internal processing only. I'd like to throw in as many as it'll hold and power. Does anyone have any recommendations for what might work without spending a pile of money? I currently have a...
  4. O

SCAM ALERT?

I continue to get messages from immediate new members with obviously no posts about my WTB posted items. They usually state they have whatever and either redirect me outside of here or asking for my shipping address right off the bat. When I ask for photos with a username in the pic and advise...
  5. O

Canada FOUND - WTB: 4Tb 3.5" SAS 6Gbs Drives

Looking for the above, qty 6 or more would be best depending on mileage and price. In Canada so if anyone has any available please contact.
  6. O

NetBox - Any Users Out There

I've recently started using it to document my network while at the same time getting experiences with a database. It uses PostgreSQL and is insane in respect to everything you can add. I actually don't think it has any limitations when you factor in scripting which I don't know how to do...
  7. O

Database Use Cases - At Home Experience

I'm struggling to figure how best to create a situation where I can deploy a MariaDB or MySQL instance. I just want to learn a little bit as they appear to be a mainstay in the network world and I'm a deer in headlights with them. Any suggestions for at home, non commercial, non self hosted...
  8. O

Canada WTB - R720 / R720xd Motherboard w/iDrac

If anyone has a spare, my xd has a dead iDrac. Thanks
  9. O

Storj Node Operators - Worth It?

I've been running a node for a while now, only sharing 3tb. I decided to try it for fun, experience and the possibility of some sort of payout. With the recent payout reductions, added to being paid in crypto which I never liked, the whole payout part of this experiment is toast IMO. However...
  10. O

Dell Poweredge Power Supply Schematics

Does anyone by any chance have any schematics for any of the Dell 1u, 2u servers? X20, x30 series. Any wattage will be fine.
  11. O

Processing Power - What do I really need?

So I have a bunch of R720's various formats and some R730's with their respective dual V2 and V4 E5-26XX CPUs. I'm just running Proxmox with a pile of VM's and multiple instances of TrueNAS etc. I've designed most of it to be 10G and some 1G, nothing higher. I can't seem to break the 40% CPU...
  12. O

Dedicated Network Electrical Circuit

I have an electrician coming to do some things. I was thinking while they're here, it might be time to have proper 30amp circuits installed so I can fully utilize my 3000w UPS, and not worry about burning the house down. Curious if there is anything I should ask for or look into for future...
  13. O

Any fellow checkmk users here?

Been using checkmk for about a year now as a free user. It's been good, learning curve was a little different. Curious if there are many others using it as well. I did the usual influxdb and others to Grafana for many years in the past so wanted to try something different.
  14. O

WTB - R630 Ship to BC, Canada

Just a hail mary to see if there's anyone within Canada or willing to ship. Could provide a US address if really needed. PM me with basic specs and price please.
  15. O

WTB - Google Dell R720xd D100

Hey, I'm looking for one of those bright yellow Google Dell 2U servers if anyone has one or knows of where one might be for sale. D100 R720XD or similar. Any help would be great appreciated. Thank you
  16. O

WHY SHOPPING AT RETAIL.ERA.CA IS RISKY

WHY SHOPPING AT RETAIL.ERA.CA IS RISKY April, 2023 Based on experience learned from multiple successful (lucky) purchases and multiple purchases with issues. WHO THEY ARE retail.era.ca https://retail.era.ca/ is the “Electronics Shop” of era.ca (see below). They are also known as Electronics...
  17. O

[WTB] [CA-BC] Dell Rails and Bezels

Looking for sliding rails for a R720 and R620. Looking for front bezels for R730 and R720. Prefer to buy all at once if possible. Ship to Canada. Hit me up.
  18. O

Flash Dell Firmware to non Dell branded drives?

I have a bucket load of 300gb 10k SAS drives that I want to use in my MD3220 however they aren't Dell branded and show as incompatible. I would like to flash the equivalent Dell firmware for the particular drives so I can use them. Is there anyone with experience doing this or any major...
  19. O

Home Lab Forum?

Hello all, I'm new to the forum so hello!! Just curious if there is a specific forum for Home Lab, non professional discussions or if here (General) is the best spot. I've ditched Reddit so it would be great to chat about stuff without interfering in professional discussions.