Search results

1. M

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

The name of the 19" rack is "SolidRack 10"
  2. M

Check out Mikrotik "SolidRack 10" They even added an element of fun to the video ;)
  3. M

Hi! This is the way I'd do it. In OPNsense go to System -> Configuration -> Backups -> Backup Configuration On the new SSD, install the latest version of OPNsense and apply the backup file you just created.
  4. M

Thank you for the insight.
  5. M

If you can see sunlight through the gap, it must surely qualify. It seems like a safer method than filing down the standoffs. It's used on PC Engines APU series. Admittedly not as power hungry though. PC Engines
  6. M

Does anyone have experience with thermal pads? A 15W/mK thermal pad has almost twice the thermal transfers compared to Arctic Silver 5 with 8.9 W/mK for instance. Since the thermal pad "cushions" a component like the CPU, a gap shouldn't be that critical (depending how wide of cause) and the...
  7. M

From this PDF I at least get the impression that the motherboard is equipped with a functioning com port. ---- N5105-N6005 (Translated from Chinese) Forth Edition N5105-N6005 Motherboard Specifications Specifications: Serial port - Built-in one set of COM pin headers (support RS232)
  8. M

Virtualization isn't something I have considered, but who knows.
  9. M

To put it into perspective. I've been using a PC Engines APU2C4 since 2016. To be perfectly honest, I don't need a more performant machine today. Its advantages are a low power consumption, small form factor (168mm x 157mm x 30mm), 4GB ECC memory, monthly CoreBoot BIOS upgrades, x3 1GB i210...
  10. M

Thank you for the input. I'm aware that there is a legacy TTL standard using 5V and a more "recent" using 3.3V. This cable I'm using belong to latter category and I assume that my brand spanking new mini pc also does. This is the first time I had problems using it. I therefore think the problem...
  11. M

Hi Guys, First post. I've been following this thread for a bit. I ordered one of these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004403345225.html It's a V4 N5105 4-port i226 - WMS-III N5105. I bit the bullet on aug. 27th and it arrived on sep. 19th after being stuck in customs for a week. The...