Search results

1. D

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Hi, I've updated my NAS project to version 2. Features: Now it has two HDDs (versus single HDD in v1) Cooling FAN for HDD cage Software controlled ON/OFF relay for HDD FAN FAN speed controller (manual) Power supply circuit for second HDD
  2. D

It wouldn't be realistic to expect full CNC milled cases at current price point. So we get much cheaper extrusion molding (with CNCed hole for copper block) and it makes impossible to have extra bumps :( Also I'm pretty sure RasPI case is just mold casting instead of CNC. So my personal...
  3. D

Regarding V3 I would disagree (snip from spec sheet pdf): According to Google translate: "5V small 4pin fan power supply pin"
  4. D

I didn't try to install Windows, but with out-of-the-box BIOS I had issues with graphics on Ubuntu. Ubuntu would boot only in safe mode. However after updating BIOS graphics was fine. New BIOS also has option to disable buzzer on boot.
  5. D

Not sure about V1 and V2, but V3 is easy to tell: 1. It has USB-C video port on front panel. 2. Motherboard has very distinctive optional NMVMe adapater (green in picture, switched to black recently): V4 and V5 are improvements on V3 (i226 ethernet chip upgrade for V4, clock chip and boot from...
  6. D

I can add that JMB585 based M.2 -> SATA adapter also requires clock instance and is incompatible with Samsun 980 (but works just fine with WD Blue).
  7. D

Normal if you chose "seller's shipping method", it would mean they need to accumulate more items addressed to your region to ship in bulk. In my case: Ordered 07.15 Shipped 07.21 Delivered in EU 08.06 If you chose ali default shipping, they will mark it as shipped almost instantly, but in the...
  8. D

Hardkernel tend to have decent support and documentation for their boards + board has 2x SATA ports + you can buy additional 4 ethernet ports if you need them. I wanted to buy H2+, but it was discontinued :( I've already invested in Topton, but it would have been strong candidate.
  9. D

Each shim adds paste-copper-paste layer with some extra mess + thermal performance penalty. Also I suppose in worst case scenario standoffs can be easily replaced.
  10. D

This link is for 1.25 mm pitch connectors, however SATA power connector on V3 (probably also for V4) is PH 2.0 mm. What you need is: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003109780476.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef1802uPcGOW DC_IN2 is directly connected to external power connector and has...
  11. D

While true that aliexpress automatically includes customs fee in listed price, I actually saw price drop when I selected "seller's shipping method" as extra fees were automatically removed from the bill.
  12. D

In my case main concern is not temperature control, but ability to run 2 devices simultaneously. As current theory goes some devices reserve clock instance, and there's just one spare clock instance for 2 x M.2 slots. So it is impossible to run 2 Samsung SSD (or in my case Samsung SSD + SATA...
  13. D

So would it be correct to presume that Intel 660p are safe to be used in dual slot configuration?
  14. D

Back in the days we were running routers on ASICS and NASes on x86. And all of the sudden it's bastardization :)
  15. D

Yes my question probably could have been rephrased to "Do you know what NVMe's doesn't require reservation of clock instance", but I chose simpler alternative. Also as csgrullon already pointed out, clock theory rules out existence of 6 interface routers :) Thanks for pointing out BarraCuda 510!
  16. D

Hi, I've finally received/tested JMB585 based SATA port adapter. Good news is that it is working and ads 5 STATA ports. I was able to boot Ubuntu from SSD connected to port adapter. Bad news is that it is not compatible with Samsung NVMe disk (980) :( So I would like to ask if anyone has...
  17. D

What kind of samsung drive are you using?
  18. D

In my case I'm positive it was ribbon cable: Case 1: I've removed NVME drive and installed this card in slot "under" NVME: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003469220064.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.1d2618026LZHZW Connected SATA ssd to one of SATA ports on adapter card. Was able to install...
  19. D

Would probably do the trick, but I wouldn't call it cheap. Also I've never heard of IOCREST brand (but this should not be a problem for bunch of guys that buy TOPTON routers :) ). 1G Lite is also new to me.
  20. D

QNAP QXG-2G4T-I225 ?