Search results

1. V

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

I fitted mine to the SATA power connection via a crimped on wire.
  2. V

Yeah, mine did as well, but I don’t think thermal pads are really meant to be reused once disassembled anyway.
  3. V

That’s the one I’ve got with the Bluewhatever board inside. It’s also available as a Topton one as well.
  4. V

It definitely lines up with the Intel SLNMH chips on mine for both placement and spacing, which are the I225 controllers. *shrug*
  5. V

You've got the same model I have, I think, though with all the changes it's difficult to keep track. The spaces *between* the cutouts are for the Intel NICs on mine. The cut outs are just for the screws so they don't foul the chips. That's part of the reason I went for the K2-Pro gunk.
  6. V

Er, yes. :) Mine now will only rocket to about 70C under stress. I set mine to blow in directly onto the RAM and SSD, as the fan is on the bottom and cool air there, and there are vents at the top sides for mine, and that's working.
  7. V

If you've got the case with the mounting points for a 40mm fan, it's a cheap add to install a small 5v or 12v fan and power it off the SATA power connector. As belt-and-braces I went for a small Noctua fan and added a heat sink to the SSD. For the small cost it seemed daft not to. Temps have...
  8. V

Or use my very similar tip a couple of pages back, and don't bother giving me a donation ;)
  9. V

Ha ha ha! Don’t hold your breath. Mine left SG on a Friday, landed in Melbourne on Saturday, and then took over a week to get from Melbourne to Adelaide DHL Express.
  10. V

If you’re connecting to the SATA power, you can do either 12v or 5v. The 5v seems to be plenty, it’s not like you’re needing to force a hurricane into it.
  11. V

It's worth tweaking the bios settings - there's no good reason to be feeding a 10W part 28W that I know of.
  12. V

The key ones seem to be from mine: Enable PL1 and set at 10000 Enable PL2 and set at 12000 Enable C-states Enable acoustic noise reduction Set PECI to off Enable turbo (it’s fine once you’ve got proper settings) Enable Speedstep Set ACPI as auto Then if you’re using pfSense, and I assume...
  13. V

Noctua make awesome quiet fans that shift serious amounts of air. Yeah, they’re a bit more expensive than the normal electronics store ones, but worth it. You can get both 5v and 12v versions, and if you’re using the SATA connection you have both options. I went for the 5V version, as much as...
  14. V

Mine was delivered this week. The out of the box BIOS settings were nuts, and the temperatures skyrocketed to 100C in no time at all, and the case was amazingly hot. I’ve got the BIOS settings settings sorted now, so it’s only using the 10W not the 28W it was trying to use, and temps down to...