Search results

1. C

Is my AOC-STGN-I2S Rev 2.11 fake?

Thanks for the reply. I guess I am pretty cautious about these things since I lived in China for a long time and you would be surprised at the things that turn out to be fake. Besides visually, is there any way to confirm for sure? Like trying to flash a new fw?
  2. C

You may be right. When I look very closely I can see it barely, but in person it is nowhere as pronounced. Looks more like this:
  3. C

Thanks for the reply. The pins are not worn at all, just looks like that in the photo for some reason. Maybe because of the initial reflections and then my Photoshop job to try to fix the levels. Anyhow, pins show no wear at all in person.
  4. C

I specifically looked for a used AOC-STGN-I2S Rev 2 on ebay, from a seller outside of China. I figured this would be the safest way to avoid getting a fake. Well, it arrived (from Poland) and it's brand new with plastic holder (similar to what you see on Chinese listings).... So now I am...
  5. C

Bricked P350 Tiny after bios update. TaoBao seller said this would happen in listing (in Chinese, which I don't read) Why?

Tried all jumper positions and none worked. Sent it back so no longer have it to check the back. My guess is these are models that fell off the back of the truck, and not supported by Lenovo. The serial was obviously modified because it's for a totally different product. I purschased a new...
  6. C

Bricked P350 Tiny after bios update. TaoBao seller said this would happen in listing (in Chinese, which I don't read) Why?

Funny thing is this all started with "well, if I am going to spend $450 on an older model (P330/M920Q) I might as well spend $250 more and get something newer and better." ... Well looks like I am going to have to add another $150 to that at least. Live and learn I guess.
  7. C

This might be what's going on. I did gen an 11th gen CPU. Another thing that made me think was all the pictures of P350 tiny I saw had two vent cut-outs on the top. Mine had one towards the front. Thought maybe because I didn't have a GPU. What Mobo markings would verify it? Anyhow, thankfully...
  8. C

Thank you for the reply. Because I am in China, and it was the only bare-bones system I could find. I took a pic of the serial in bios before flashing, and just tried it on the Lenovo website... It is for a totally different product (P340 Tower) Guessing it's fake then, or something odd is going on.
  9. C

Just curious why the seller would say that this is what would happen. Is he selling fake P350 tiny? He said he would fix it for a fee. But I just don't understand why this would be expected behavior? How would I go about identifying if it's fake? I got the system barebones and added my...