Search results

1. D

Controlling Dell MD1200 noisy fans with Arduino (also MD1220 & SC200/SC220)

I originally posted this into an existing MD1200 thread: Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220 This is a really good thread and kudos to @fohdeesha for being the first to post on interfacing with the MD1200 over the service port and reverse engineering some of the commands. But I thought this...
  2. D

Add multiple physical disks at a time to Hyper-V VM?

I couldn't find any info on this anywhere, which may suggest it's not possible, but I'd love to find a way to do it. I have 2 NetApp disk shelves with 48 disks total, and running TrueNAS in a VM. I'm still in the stage of playing around with it and I've already had to add all the physical disks...
  3. D

Remove drives from RAID10 on Dell r420? (or backup/restore)

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I received a Dell r420 the other day and stupidly configured the 4 x 300GB SAS drives in the front as a single 600GB RAID10 array. This reduces my options for replacing drives and I was thinking of putting an SSD into one of the drive bays. The RAID...
  4. D

Dell r420 / Websense v10000 G3

Hey Guys, I just received a Dell r420 off eBay today and was a bit surprised to see it badged as a Websense v10000 G3. A quick Google verified that it is actually an r420 under the hood, but there's still not a whole lot of info floating around about it. One Reddit post I found suggested that...
  5. D

Netapp LSI CLASS 3650 MODEL 0834

I'm looking at this Netapp drive shelf on eBay (Australia): https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/175163874191?hash=item28c8949b8f:g:gKsAAOSwXeRiDueg I can't find much info on the unit, but it has been suggested to me that Netapp drive shelves are a great option for adding a bigger array to a 1U server...