Search results

1. B

ASRock Rack B650D4U MicroATX for Ryzen 7000 processors

Thanks you can just test it after you get the ECC UDIMMs.
  2. B

Check the BIOS if it has an option to enable or disable ECC functionality. Check the BIOS if it has an option like "Disable Memory Error Injection" which can be set to "False." Run the beta version of Memtest86 and check to see if ECC is supported and if error injection is functioning...
  3. B

AM5 and DDR5 ECC UDIMMs?

I think I have confirmed that my Gigabyte B650 Aero G motherboard does not support error injection. Linux instructions for injecting errors are here: APEI Error INJection — The Linux Kernel documentation dmesg does not show anything like this: ACPI: EINJ 0x000000007370A000 000150 (v01 INTEL...
  4. B

AM5 and DDR5 ECC UDIMMs?

Gigabyte removed the "DDR ECC Configuration" option in their newly updated BIOS. Compare the below screenshots on my Gigabyte B650 Aero G board: Previous BIOS version: New BIOS version: (This menu can be accessed through: Advanced Mode > Settings > AMD CBS > UMC Common Options > DDR...
  5. B

Has anyone gotten ECC logging (Rasdaemon, EDAC, WHEA, etc.) to work on Xeon W-1200 or W-1300 or Core 12ᵗʰ or 13ᵗʰ Gen processors?

Just to clear up potential confusion, the screenshot of the W480M board with the i5-16000K was taken by the Gigabyte team while they were testing my board. :) Based on your comments, I am under the impression that boards such as the ASUS Pro WS W480/W680-ACE and the ASRock Rack W480M WS do not...
  6. B

Has anyone gotten ECC logging (Rasdaemon, EDAC, WHEA, etc.) to work on Xeon W-1200 or W-1300 or Core 12ᵗʰ or 13ᵗʰ Gen processors?

I decided not to spend any more time on this Gigabyte W480M motherboard anymore due to ECC errors in Memtest86. I have spent a total of nine months troubleshooting this issue for this $200 board, going back and forth with memory manufacturers, Intel, distributors and Gigabyte. I probably spent...
  7. B

AM5 and DDR5 ECC UDIMMs?

A forum poster has injected memory errors onto an ASRock B650E ITX board. These errors were shown up in WHEA-Logger. The errors were injected by shorting a data pin to a grind pin on the DIMM. The ASEGA version tested was 1.0.0.5c. However, even though errors were being reported, it still does...
  8. B

AM5 and DDR5 ECC UDIMMs?

I might also try to look at syslog and WHEA and maybe overclock or tighten timings to produce errors like what they did in this article. I am hesitant to overclock or tighten timings because I am afraid that it will damage the RAM or void their warranty.
  9. B

Where are the DDR5 ECC UDIMMs?

I read the latest comments and they match my experience with my Gigabyte B650 board. I also get "6" from the wmic and the dmidecode commands on my B650 board which indicate that it should support "Multi-Bit ECC". But according to this article it means nothing as it only identifies the memory...
  10. B

Just before I was going to send my 7950X for repair, I cleaned the gold contacts of the CPU the second time, this time with a lot of isopropyl alcohol. This appeared to have fixed the issue. Yeah, power-per-watt efficiency is one of the reasons I went with AMD instead of Intel. The 7950X has a...
  11. B

To enable ECC logging, I tried installing and starting Rasdaemon and EDAC on my AM5 system with Fedora 37 Workstation, but it failed similar to my Intel system. $ sudo dnf install -y rasdaemon edac-util edac-utils libedac edac-ctl $ sudo systemctl enable rasdaemon $ sudo systemctl start...
  12. B

The Kingston 32 GB DDR5 ECC UDIMMs decreased in price too at Dihuni ($165) and DirectDial ($164).
  13. B

I have an 11th Gen Intel Xeon W-1370 Rocket Lake CPU which supports DDR4 ECC UDIMMs. The motherboard is Gigabyte W480M Vision W, with latest BIOS (version F21). In order to enable the system to log ECC errors I have attempted to install Rasdaemon and EDAC. This is my first time installing and...
  14. B

I have updated BIOS to F5b which has AGESA 1.0.0.5-C. Memtest86 10.2 displays the same message: "ECC Enabled: N/A (Unknown)". My CPU is defective but it is not sent to AMD for replacement yet. Even with CPB set to Disabled, it still crashed three times during several days of use. I just tried...
  15. B

AGESA 1.0.0.5-C BIOS update has been released for Gigabyte AM5 boards. Might test sometime on my B650 board. Specs still mention only non-ECC memory as supported though. Might contact Gigabyte again to check whether ECC will be supported in this update, or if it only will run in non-ECC mode...
  16. B

Dihuni has the 32 GB Micron ECC memory in stock for $164.00. No sales tax but they do charge for shipping.
  17. B

I have done the same with my Gigabyte AM5 B650 board. I have tested DDR5 Micron ECC modules with the B650 board and ran commands if they are running in ECC mode. I ran the commands "dmidecode" and "wmic". Both commands report that the memory should run in "multi-bit ECC" mode. Unfortunately, it...
  18. B

Newegg does list the B650D4U-2L2T/BCM as "in stock", even ASRock Rack's official website lists it as "preliminary".
  19. B

(Just in case anyone missed this.) ASUS has updated that webpage and ECC is officially supported on some CPUs.
  20. B

Their response to me asking whether their boards support hot plug: