Search results

1. A

NAS soltuion for HP BL685c gen1

So I've got my HP sb40c blade, but to be honest I thought that all of the blades in the enclosure will be able to "see" it. So far I've been able to pair it with just one bl685c . So can somebody suggest a way to share it over the other 4 blades as well ? I need a nas solution that would work on...
  2. A

I've went with what Deci suggested. Still waiting on the pass through cards and the blade. When I've got it all I will post results :) Thanks for the feedback.
  3. A

Hi, I've been trying to find a good NAS solution for HP BL685c gen1, I've tried Nexenta, OmniOS ( napp-it ) and failed miserably, it appears that solaris 11 doesn't play nice with old hardware. Speaking of hardware, maybe it's a good idea to share what's on the BL685c gen1 blade, the CPUs are...
  4. A

What do you think about NexentaStor?

Yeah, I went with the dev version of OpenIndiana. I am going to try OmniOS as well I guess. Would be glad if you could point me to a napp-it community, so I don't offtopic the OP's thread :) Thanks a lot!
  5. A

Just DLed OpenIndiana and I'm installing napp-it, would give it a go, because nexenta is a pain in the ass to install, so far I haven't been able to figure out a way to install it without CDROM and I'm not buying outdated mediums just to install nexenta.
  6. A

I am in a similar position to OP's. I am in need of a good/stable NAS, it would be a bare metal install and it has to support SRP target over infiniband for my ESXi lab . I am also looking for a nice, centralized web interface. So far Nexenta has ticked most of the boxes, but I am willing to try...
  7. A

Trying to install Nexenta and failing.

Hi all, this is my 1st post here, I've been reading some of the topics and I've deiced to try Nexenta, because of the awesome SRP target support . So I'm trying to install Nexenta 4.0.3 CE on a USB stick. I am planning on running the OS on a HP Bl685c gen1 server blade ( AMD Opteron processor...