Search results

1. K

Dual port 10G SFP+ card: If only one port is in use does it get "all the bandwidth"?

NICs don't split PCIe bandwidth between ports. Why would they?
  2. K

Incompatibility between PSU and motherboard?

Inspect the ATX connector on both PSUs. See what's different.
  3. K

Incompatibility between PSU and motherboard?

Permutations and combinations... Connect the Delta PSU to the Gigabyte motherboard with just the ATX and EPS/CPU connectors. No front panel wires, no USB devices, nothing. See, if the BMC comes on.
  4. K

Are you looking for best looking NAS enclosure?

Not to discourage you...but... That is a disaster waiting to happen. Do it once, do it right, so you don't have to ever do it again. There's many reasons why people don't do this, opting instead for server chassis that are built to handle this. For e.g., my setup is 2x 48 bay Chenbro chassis...
  5. K

[SOLVED] RTX2070 not detected on Supermicro X9SRL-F

That. Is. Weird. No other way to say it. No clue at this point.
  6. K

10-4. I was simply trying to think of any more options that could be tried.
  7. K

A majority of boards (including consumer boards like Asrock, ASUS, Gigabyte etc) I've used over the years, boot just fine without a GPU.
  8. K

Interesting problem and I'm sure it's frustrating. I'll say this though, the X9SRL-F (like other SM boards) is rock solid, so it's gotta be "some combination of settings that is not working. I'm zeroing in on the fact that things work on your "x79" board, which I presume is a workstation style...
  9. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Excellent. It's gotta be something janky with that card. CX2s generally play nice with almost all optics. Like I said, exact same cable, ~5 years up time...zero issues. I've absolutely zero idea about why that card wouldn't play nice, except....it's janky? :)
  10. K

So, the 57810 and CX3 stay connected, but the CX2 drops off? Any chance you can connect another 57810 or CX3 instead of the CX2, to rule out the cable?
  11. K

That's weird. These exact cables have been working 100% with all ports connected...since 2018 in my setup. I've never had a single hiccup. Edit: What nics are you using on the other end?
  12. K

Throw it in the trash and start afresh with another one?
  13. K

See? The model # is different!
  14. K

You're right. :) But that's my point. If this is the one you bought, it shouldn't have worked. :D Maybe what you bought is actually a different model number?
  15. K

I'm aware of modules that do that. But "HiSense SFP-10G-SR" doesn't seem to be something special. It's simply a transceiver?
  16. K

Confirmed working. (can't find em anywhere else except ebay)...
  17. K

Help: evaluating a basic network design

Sorry, no need for pocket money and I barely have time to do my stuff. I was simply being helpful. :)