Search results

1. D

Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

I just got one of these managed Horaco 2.5G switches (ZX-SWTGW218AS) and it comes with firmware v0.6 dated July 18 2023. It also says hardware version is v1.1. Is that the same version you have? I'll see if mine becomes unresponsive as well...
  2. D

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Can you describe your setup in more detail? I've observed the same with some OSes (e.g. Proxmox) on my MW-JSL2.5G-4L board ("v2") with single HDMI + single VGA out, 32GB Ram, NVMe SSD where I need to have HDMI connected or else disable RC6 in BIOS settings. When I switch my NVMe SSD for SATA it...
  3. D

For folks with VM crashes but stable hosts: Have you tried not passing your nics through? I'm asking because i225 seems to be a pretty recent addition. Various OSes I've tried have only very recently added support and as such it might not be as stable as it could be.
  4. D

Following this I tried blacklisting the i915 kernel module and that seems to have fixed the requirement to boot with "nomodeset" but it still crashed when running headless. I then booted into the proxmox installer from the ISO using modprobe.blacklist=i915, and was able to complete the installer...
  5. D

I'm not sure if anyone has reported on 64GB, but for 32GB we know 2Rx8 and 1Rx8 both work:
  6. D

Debian 11 works reliably, Windows also seemed to work, but I didn't use it for a long time. Thank you for the pointer! I did install it but sadly only saw a small change, which is that ACPI error messages I saw on boot have disappeared (see screenshots); the machine does still hang promptly if...
  7. D

I got this one, which is a MW-JSL2.5G-4L, otherwise known as the Changwang “v2” (it has a green PCB, single HDMI, single VGA, two USB), same as @yxman has as “box2” in their post. Edit: Could it be BIOS related? I'm running version 2.22.1282 (says at the bottom of the BIOS) and my PCM FW...
  8. D

I tried to install Proxmox but ran into lots of trouble with the i915 gpu on my N5105; Debian 11 has been working like a charm but the Proxmox kernel seems unhappy on this hardware. Did I miss any obvious configuration? Even Patrick's initial review of the units seems to have used Proxmox...
  9. D

I also didn't find any visible changes. My board does make quiet ticking sounds when the CPU is in low power states and they aren't affected by this setting; I did see it mentioned earlier as "best practice" when I was trying to reduce power consumption. Turns out the best things I found were to...
  10. D

I forgot, we already know that 2x 16GB dual-ranked (2Rx8) memory kits work on these Jasper Lake devices, but I wanted to confirm that 2x 16GB single-rank (1Rx8) version of Crucial's CT16G4SFRA32A also work. This module can come as 1Rx16, 1Rx8, or 2Rx8 and has the same product number. I purchased...
  11. D

I spent some time trying out different configurations of my N5105 to assess power consumption and found: - having HDMI connected during boot uses up to 1.5W of additional power, depending on the PSU - installing tlp ("apt install tlp") did wonders for power consumption with a SATA disk (6.5W ->...
  12. D

I don't have a good way to check the efficiency but will get my hands on a GST60A12 + adapter and see how that does. The GST90 seems to be doing about as well as the Dajing ADP-36K12 that came with the unit (seeing the same wattage for both).
  13. D

I installed Debian 11 from netinstall; there's a single 2.5G link connected, 32GB RAM and a NVME M.2 disk. I have already figured out that the M.2 is around 0.7W in idle by removing it and booting from USB into recovery mode. Without the 2.5G link I lose another 0.3W or so. Chipset -> PCH-IO ->...
  14. D

I got a MW-JSL2.5G-4L myself but am seeing 7.5W idle (using a Mean Well GST90A12-P1M); could you elaborate on the tuning that you did in your BIOS? I set the following: Advanced -> Power & Performance -> CPU Boot performance mode = Max non-turbo performance View/Configure Turbo Options Energy...