Search results

1. HotFix

Anyone have the Supermicro SC846 front bezel?

Specifically the part number MCP-210-84601-0B. I'm want to get one for my chassis, but I'm not clear how it will attach. In another thread Neo has a bezel for his slightly smaller Supermicro case, and it hooks on using holes in the handles. I don't seem to have holes in the handles of my SC846...
  2. HotFix

RAM questions - LRDIMM vs RDIMM, Hynix brand, and mixing different sizes (same speed and type though

Hey guys, I posted at the bottom of another motherboard vs thread and I think it will get buried there as it is a different topic. Also I hope this is the right spot for a RAM question as I didn't see a forum for RAM so motherboards seemed like the logical place. First question. Is LRDIMM...
  3. HotFix

X10SDV-TLN4F versus X10SRH-CLN4F for a Storage/Hyper-V server.

Greetings, I am finally pulling the trigger on purchasing the hardware for my Window Server 2012 R2 Storage Spaces/Hyper-V server, thanks to this website and these forums. I already have 4 datacenter class SSDs and have order 5/8 HDDs (Newegg is enforcing their 5 item limit sadly). I am...
  4. HotFix

HGST 4TB NAS 7200RPM SATA drive $154.99 @ NewEgg (expires 6/4/2015)

Greetings all! Hopefully this isn't too lame of a great deal to post, but I'm new here and just wanted to share a deal I found and took advantage of. Specifically Newegg has the coupon code "ESCATAP22" for these drives to bring them down to $154.99: HGST Deskstar NAS H3IKNAS40003272SN (0S03664)...
  5. HotFix

Monitoring for TBW?

Is there an easy way to monitor your TBW on an SSD? If it matters I will be using Windows Server 2012 R2. I'm considering using the SM951 256GB as the boot drive for my new server but I'm concerned about the 75TB TBW. I know there are lots of formuals on how to guesstimate how long this will...
  6. HotFix

Looking for advice on a case for SSDs and HDDs.

Greetings. I am working on putting together a Windows Storage Spaces server with an initial target of 8 4TB HDDs (yet to be purchased but leaning towards the HGST NAS) and 4 480GB SSDs (just picked up 4 Samsung 845DC EVOs today thank to a deal listing on these forums). I am leaning towards the...