Search results

1. S

CWWK i5-1235U 6 port i226 report

You can flash forwards and backwards on the 8505 unit. I started with a stock unit, flashed the non-HWP BIOS @fta provided, flashed back to the stock BIOS, flashed the HWP BIOS, reflashed the stock BIOS, then reflashed the HWP BIOS, then the stock BIOS, then the HWP BIOS again. The latest stock...
  2. S

I just always buy Samsung memory for these devices. I have Mushkin and Teamgroup and they work, as well, but Samsung is about as JEDEC standard as you can get. My 8505 has 3 LEDs - Power, HDD, and...power. Why it has a power LED on the front and one on the back, I can't say. As @beisser says...
  3. S

Just out of curiosity, who did you order your unit from? Topton? cwwk store on AliExpress? cwwk.net? Someone else? My Topton units all functioned but all needed repasting. I don't think I would order from them again. Even though it is a little more, I'll stick with cwwk(.net) until they burn me.
  4. S

There is a delay at the first power on. I suspect it is memory training on the initial boot since I saw that behavior every time I flashed the BIOS and every time I tried different DIMMs. So you have to wait that out. If it doesn't power on at all, make sure you don't have a m.2 drive...
  5. S

If he's planning on posting performance numbers, it would be awesome if we could see stock BIOS vs your HWP BIOS.
  6. S

My idle temps with the 8505 (proxmox running pfsense): coretemp-isa-0000 Adapter: ISA adapter Package id 0: +23.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C) Core 0: +23.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C) Core 8: +21.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C) Core 9: +21.0°C...
  7. S

From what you've written, it sounds like the processor does not have good contact with the cooling block. If it is better horizontally, then gravity is providing some assistance that you're losing when it is vertical. If you're comfortable taking it apart, you may want to do so and repaste and...
  8. S

I went through every menu in the unlocked BIOS @fta provided and I cannot find an option that references QAT, so it may be capable but not exposed. I'm not sure what is required of the BIOS to expose it.
  9. S

I am running Proxmox with the 6.2.6 kernel and it didn't load the QAT modules. I loaded them manually but the QAT performance counters don't appear so, if that functionality exists (Intel ARK claims it does), it isn't exposed. I'm running the unlocked BIOS provided by @fta and I don't recall...
  10. S

For pfsense UI to show the correct temp, you'll want to use the Intel coretemp module: System > Advanced > Miscellaneous > Cryptographic and Thermal Hardware > Thermal Sensors > Intel CPU* on-die thermal sensors Command line should give you output similar to (this is a different unit but the...
  11. S

Unfortunately it is in production at the moment so I can't pull it out and replicate what I did. I had the same issue as you but I solved it with some combination of intel modeset switches in Proxmox GRUB boot loader kernel command line. I don't recall more than that because it's been over a...
  12. S

I had this issue as well and I solved it with some variation nomodeset on the kernel command line during install.
  13. S

I would probably wait for it to show up on http://pan.changwang.com:8888
  14. S

I purchased mine directly from cwwk.net and it came with the pcie adapter. I get about 800MB/sec from the adapter port. You can mount a 2.5" drive in there but I would recommend just going with m.2 drives. I am using 2x32GB Samsung DDR4 3200 modules and it works fine.
  15. S

I can second this. Measured a chassis temp of 60C (140F) using an IR thermometer after hours of stress testing where the unit was situated in an area with no active airflow. The heat transfer to the chassis is far better on this model than any other unit I have tested (N5105, N6005, and...
  16. S

I have the chassis from Link 1, albeit mine came directly from cwwk rather than Topton. My cooling numbers are as follows (12 hour idle temps for each orientation): Horizontal: root@proxmox:~# sensors coretemp-isa-0000 Adapter: ISA adapter Package id 0: +26.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit =...
  17. S

The menus are vast and deep. Serial port console redirection is in the unlocked BIOS. I don't believe it was in the stock BIOS. Yet another item that should have been exposed that wasn't. The decision between latency and power just makes me hit my head against a wall. I game a lot and so I...
  18. S

The unlocked BIOS that @fta provided will blow your mind with all the options available. I consider myself pretty decent with PC hardware but there's stuff in there I've never heard of before. The unlock provides a lot of options that were not meant to be exposed to end users (and a lot of...
  19. S

I think the additional latency comes from the hypervisor scheduling, state of cache and TLBs, kernel locks, and various other factors - there's more to waking up from C10 than just the raw processor time of 230µs (1µs = 0.001ms, 230µs == 230ms). I'm roughly ~0.15ms off from bare metal at less...
  20. S

How did you disable C1E? I'm trying to strike the right balance between idle power usage and latency. So far, here is what I see: Stock BIOS, C-states enabled: 12.8W idle average Average ping (100 samples): 1.133ms Stock BIOS, C-states disabled: 16W idle average Average ping (100 samples)...