Search results

1. G

Strange problem: SMB read is capped to ~500MB/s

I just tried macOS and got similar read speed, so it could not be Windows side problem but rather an OmniOS SMB problem I have the default tuning from napp-it and using MTU 9000 on both side. The SMB - SAMBA - NFS - OmniOS path is only faster in read, and much slower in write. The crystal...
  2. G

robocopy /J is about the same speed as explorer. No matter how fast I can get from the benchmarks, if the real work performance is not good than it means nothing. I just tried a very indirect way: running another Linux server, mount the nfs from omnios, then share it via samba And I'm getting...
  3. G

Robocopy is not better in my case, but crystal diskmark is showing good results: So what is the problem:confused:
  4. G

Just explorer copy, but for a single video file I don't think it would cause any performance problem. I copied a video file about 5GB from the server and to local nvme ssd, and the speed never go above 500MB(it does goes above from time to time, but not much and below 600), I even changed...
  5. G

Yes, much higher At more than 2GB/s
  6. G

No no L2arc at all, and I am on 128GB RAM
  7. G

My server setup: omnios-r151042 X520-DA2 nic Test pool is on Intel Optane 900P so Disk IO is not a problem I've tried two differnt Windows clients, running both Windows 11 and Windows Server 2019, with 10G nic X557 and Mellanox CX3, and both of them can only read (copy from the server) at...