Search results

1. M

Lenovo M700/M900 BIOS mod to Coffee Lake CPUs

Upon closer inpsection you have the correct location for BIOS chip Make sure the connector is on the right way round and all pins are connected, this can take couple of goes sometimes What ASProgrammer finds is good
  2. M

I don't have access to a M910q but am thinking the BIOS chip is elsewhere There are 3 more 8 pin chips as per picture Am leaning to one closest to Battery
  3. M

LSI SAS 9201-16e: ERROR: Firmware Host Boot Failed! [SOLVED]

Drivers are built in you shouldn't need them unless updating CentOS 7 probably best But not looking hopeful, even blind flasing app needs to see the card (in fault mode) LSI9240/IBM 1015's are cheap at least Something went wrong when you flashed the Firmware as this is all that is needed to...
  4. M

LSI SAS 9201-16e: ERROR: Firmware Host Boot Failed! [SOLVED]

Boot to a LiveLinux Distro, may need to install 'pciutils' run 'lspci', it will spit out a heap of text scroll back up and look for the card near the top where the PCIe slots are if there, there is hope, you my need to blind flash it, more thing needed I can get those files but only useful if...
  5. M

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

Kabylake CPUs (7xxxx) support 2160 60p, where as previous gen support 2160 24/30p only, both only via Display port (HDMI falls back further) To get 2160 60p via HDMI you need an active DP to HDMI converter, my Optiplex 7070 has one as an option
  6. M

You are correct, and that persons loss Got a 9100T in my M900 in the bedroom so Mrs can watch TV and watch her movies, been running flawlessly
  7. M

What is IT-mode?

JBOD is a general term Don't what ever you do is get a RAID card and run single drive RAID0 drives you will be dissapointed HBA all the way for any Software RAID NAS
  8. M

What is IT-mode?

You can setup RAID0 on 1 disk, only way most modern RAID controllers can have individial drives, as JBOD feature LSI removed way back in the day If you want all the drives to be seen as they are get an HBA in IT mode RAID is for setting up arrays of drives usually either for raw speed or...
  9. M

The BIOS mods are pretty well for any Computer/laptop with 8pin EEPROM in the end I suppose, be they small or large I just happened to do it on a M700/M900 tiny at the time :) Give the non T CPU a go and report back with how you get on WIll be good to know for others doing the mod is it worth...
  10. M

BIOS mod won't make or break NVMe if computer supports it will stay If M700 doesn't support it natively BIOS mod wont fix that Non T CPU with the Microde for it will run, but will get toasty with anything demanding
  11. M

Adaptec ASR-71605 RAID 6 Calculations.

Why are people so worried about speed of Arrays with data that doesn't change A 100GB movie on a disk is written once, 64KB or in my case 1MB stripe size doesn't make any difference to speed You only read the file as fast as the Movie Player needs to display it or your Network can shift it. (1Gb...
  12. M

HP SAS Expander Wiki

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/lsi-raid-controller-and-hba-complete-listing-plus-oem-models.599/post-346868 v2.10 not good enough ?
  13. M

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

HPE Software Delivery Repository Then a few lines down look for CP022989.scexe (linux executable) Right click 'Save as' as non secure website
  14. M

Removed HBA and installed RAID controller, no WebBIOS prompt

One other thing the H710 has plenty of cooling ? These RAID and also the HBA's controllers are heaters and will very quickly get hot They are designed to go into rack enclores with forced cooling from front to back Back in the day in my tower case I glued on a fan to the heasink as controllers...
  15. M

Removed HBA and installed RAID controller, no WebBIOS prompt

Dell doesn't include any Battery things in their BIOS (LSI does) that I could see But in Windows have a looksy here, should give info on battery and charge battery can hold and maybe force a manual relearn(will take some time) MSM can do various things too and has more info on the battery
  16. M

18TB WD drive issue with JBOD

Not a backplane power issue or what ever powers those WD HDDs ? More than 8 drives total attached and going via a SAS expander ?
  17. M

Dell R530 with H730 Controller - Cant See Non-Dell SAS Drive?

If we're talking one 1.2TB HDD as like it seems, it would probably cheaper to get 512byte version of the drive ? You are going to spend more on the H330 than that drive is worth, H200 (cheap as chips) would also do and leave the H730 mini in place if HW RAID is your thing
  18. M

Dell R530 with H730 Controller - Cant See Non-Dell SAS Drive?

As Greg said get an HBA to format that drive Looking hopeful that it will be doable with the model of drive Also with an HBA you'll be able to get a proper report on the drive model and FW on it Linux Live CD/ISO then follow the very good guide above on formatting to 512byte sectors
  19. M

Dell R720xd cannot see disks in NetApp DS4246

On a side note was this post always in 'Networking' as probably as far from Networking as you can get in a server
  20. M

Dell R720xd cannot see disks in NetApp DS4246

Yeah, glad you got this sorted Quite a jump in PCI Bus locations for only 2 PCIe slots apart