Search results

1. X

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Yes, only the new ones for the i7 models have heat pipes. There is no case for the N5105 or N6005 with heat pipes in them.
  2. X

Its not just about the case, but the thermal solution inside of it... idk why @Patrick never shows the thermal solution inside these, pretty sure that the better case that he mentions is the one with the new design with heat pipes and etc, in other words, this one: Pretty sure that the...
  3. X

You mean this exactly chassis? No! You will only get a v4 with with that chassis for sure, if you buy from the CW store. If you buy from other stores like topton, you can either get this one: Or this one:
  4. X

If it its using the intel i226 then its the V4 model. For the fan and if you are planning to connecting it to the conector on the board, then: According to ChangWang pdf specs of the board, the conector on the board for a fan is 4 pin + 5V. https://changwang.com/down/68.html But if you...
  5. X

I got a v4, did the latest bios update and hdmi works fine.
  6. X

Chinese stores in aliexpress will usually declare any value the buyer wants them to declare, like in my case where i told topton in the chat to declare it with a value of U$$ 20,00 and they did just that... I asked them that because here in Brazil the import tax is really high, its 60% of...
  7. X

To be honest if warranty + return is something that you worry about, then don't import stuff... Cause it will always be a pain in the ass to return it, to have a proper warranty and etc. Cheap or fair price + maybe better\newer specs + no warranty = buy from china or import. Expensive or really...
  8. X

I don't think that anyone knew for a "fact" that topton wasn't the one making the chassis as well... Everyone here was only sure about the board itself, since some users tracked down the true manufacturer of the board. Now if we talk about guessing? Yeah, sure i also thought that topton was...
  9. X

Install the latest edge kernel in promox: https://github.com/fabianishere/pve-edge-kernel Everyone who did it, is reporting that now their vm's are stable with the n5105.
  10. X

My topton v4 unit arrived: And there is no gap between the cpu and the copper block: And also no gap between the aluminium heat sink and the NIC's: But i've disassemble it anyway to replace the thermal paste with kryonaut: The thermal pad started to falling a part the moment i...
  11. X

Yes, and? Want do you mean with this? Its like saying: But there is a lot of people that driver manual cars every day But there is a lot of people that drive automatic cars every day But there is a lot of people who takes the bus every day As i already explained... With the information...
  12. X

I agree with @oneplane , so far support for both i225 and i226 seems to be the same, besides for windows(which you need to install the drivers manually) and for pfsense CE which doesn't work yet with the i226 due to bugs, at least that is what i could understand from the discussion from here...
  13. X

Its just like others have said, better support for new hardware = OPNsense and as you can see by the reports of two other users, it is working 100%. Now besides that, is there a major issue to use the pfsense snaps(once they restart) or pfsense plus 22.05 until pfsense CE 2.7 stable gets released?
  14. X

This will answer your question about the i226 and pfsense: https://forum.netgate.com/topic/174406/intel-i226-v-not-recognized In other words, it works with pfsense plus 22.05 and it should work with the snaps.
  15. X

Are all the features of the i226 NIC's working with OPNsense 22.7? Is there anything missing or not working?
  16. X

Nice, now i hope they fix the issue when using double samsung nvme ssd's.
  17. X

The last reports when using promox with edge kernel 5.19.4 or above: https://github.com/fabianishere/pve-edge-kernel Are pretty promising and it so far it seems that the problem was solved? Also its not a problem from these boxes themselves, but from the n5105 cpu... Even ppl using intel nucs...
  18. X

So, it seems that its the best to buy strait from ChangWang and forget topton and the rest! Seems like a much better experience(better chassis, better quality since there is no gap between the cpu die and the copper block, faster shipping and etc) and more complete(M.2 adapter included, dust...
  19. X

Did you buy yours directly from ChangWang store in aliexpress, also?
  20. X

Did it come with those dust filters as well? Besides the 80x10mm fan?