Search results

1. Boris

AMD Home ESXi w/TrueNAS Build Out

This is one of the reasons why my combine runs on Proxmox. In earlier ESXi versions, I passthru the SATA controller by adding lines into configuration files. But this time everything is more complicated, I have a GPU and a PCIe sound card, PCIe USB card in my "HTPServer", as well as 2 separate...
  2. Boris

Supermicro X10SRM-F and M.2 SSD

No, of course I left it in the Disabled position. I only changed it back to Enabled once for a test to make sure it was the problem. No, SATA0 not populated. I don't have such adapter at hands. But even if it works, it won't be a solution, because all the PCIe slots populated. With the...
  3. Boris

Supermicro X10SRM-F and M.2 SSD

Hello colleagues, maybe someone can give me some idea or at least a direction. Because mine is over. I must say right away that I had this motherboard for a couple of years. Until I decided that I didn't need a home server and sold it. But recently I saw an interesting offer on Ebay and decided...
  4. Boris

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

No, i know it will work at 60Hz at least.
  5. Boris

When you first see the mouse cursor at 120Hz, you don't want to go back :)
  6. Boris

Yeah, I know. But I suppose (I hope) the reality may be a little better.
  7. Boris

Hello micro PC fans. Please tell me, has anyone tried to connect them to monitors with higher frame rates? As I can see from the specs, all brands claim support for 4K at 60Hz. Is there any chance that there is support for 120Hz? I am considering purchasing one (like DELL 3060 or 3070, with...
  8. Boris

Epyc NVME 7443P

Do not forget to share more pictures :)
  9. Boris

Intel Xeon W-1290P PC build

I even didn't knew such new hardware already released...
  10. Boris

Fanless Xeon-W build.

Thank you for posting, it was interesting to read. Which temps you get at idle and 100% load?
  11. Boris

Hyper-V Server Build Questions

Have you missed one digit? 9400 does not offer any HW raid, but 9440 and 9460 does.
  12. Boris

LSI 9440 8i - LSA not able to login

Btw, same here. Tried several times, but goes back to MSM utility without any luck with LSA. Windows Server 2019, tried Administrator login and password.
  13. Boris

Flash Dell H730P to LSI firmware?

Thank you for your clarification!
  14. Boris

2x Builds... Upgrading and a server for second house

Btw, i am not familiar with SAS expanders at practice, but how did you connect 13 drives to 8i controller? As i read, there are some "internal" SAS expanders have a place in some rackmount cases.
  15. Boris

Looks nice, thank you. Upd: More pretty, thank you.
  16. Boris

CDM in my last case (4x4Tb RAID5) also got 600mb/s write, but on filecopy speed drops to around 350mb/s. But thank you anyway. PS I am just at crossroads, i almost changed all of my 8x HDD to 7200 enterprise ones, so now HW RAID is not a problem and i can switch from ZFS to HW RAID and Windows...
  17. Boris

If you remember, i did ask you if you can run sequential write speed test? If it's comfortable for you. At my experience with HW RAID controllers - more accurate result i got then copy huge file from NVMe to RAID. But it was with my 64Gb RAM server and 90Gb file :) I have no ideas, if it's...
  18. Boris

Flash Dell H730P to LSI firmware?

Necro-bump. I also noticed these controllers at a fairly attractive (for me) price on Ebay. And I, too, was immediately puzzled by the question "can I reflash in LSI?". But according to @klree comment, this is a problem. But what inconvenience can be expected when using the original DELL...
  19. Boris

Thank you in advance. It will be informative in any case. With or without CacheCade.
  20. Boris

Have you used this array without CacheCade? What kind of sequential read and write speeds you got if you did it?