Search results

1. U

[SOLVED] 1Gb uplink from SX6036 does not re-enable after power cycle. Needs transceiver resocketing

I use a 10Gtek 1 (1.25?) Gb RJ45 to SFP+ transceiver (from amazon) and a SFP+ to QSFP+ adapter (ebay listing title was HP MELLANOX 655902-001 655874-B21 QSFP/SFP ADAPTER) to connect my LAN switches (going through one unifi switch flex mini powered on USB-C to reach my router) to my SX6036. I...
  2. U

Anyone know if Raspbian OS (with desktop) disconnect from wifi/sleep/shut down on its own after some time?

Sorry I couldn't find a suitable forum to post this question in. I tried /r/raspberry_pi on reddit but they auto-deleted my post. I left my home on an extended trip and wanted to use a raspberry pi with camera to monitor my water meter in my house by capturing automated still photos and running...
  3. U

Anyone have experience with this 40x28mm fan?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805382718811.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt I'm not able to find clear information on its RPM rating but based on the stated power consumption, it may be at a suitable 9k or 10k RPM range. This is as part of looking for fan improvements to my SX6036...
  4. U

RoCE v1 implementation (SX6036 heatsink/silence mod running log!)

For my setup, I already have (4) CX3 non-pro cards. I needed to get a single CX4 card in order to support the mlx5 driver that is now bundled with macOS and my macs can be on the network now via thunderbolt. I am interested in setting up a simple point to point network at home where the...
  5. U

Mellanox ConnectX-3 with fiber requires physical transceiver replug to reconnect

I have the following equipment: Ubuntu workstation (5950X, 128GB RAM, 2xRTX 3090 NVLink, 6x14TB Seagate Exos (ZFS), etc.) M1 Max 64GB Macbook Pro Windows SFF desktop (5800X3D, RTX 3080Ti, etc.) 3x MCX354A-QCBT/FCBT (they should be interchangeable and most are flashed to FCBT already) 1x...
  6. U

ConnectX-4 compatibility questions

My questions about CX4's are: Can the cheaper CX4 Lx cards e.g. MCX4131A-GCAT 50Gbit cards operate at 40Gbit when connected directly to ConnectX-3 QSFP 40Gbit NICs (of which I already own 3 or 4)? The CX4 Lx product brief seems to indicate so. I found that CX4 non-Lx cards have BCAT and GCAT...
  7. U

HBA card started to drop off PCIe bus after a while

I have this item I got from ebay a while back. Here is its listing name: H220 6Gbps SAS PCI-E 3.0 LSI 9205-8i IT Mode for ZFS FreeNAS unRAID SAS2308-IT I'm not sure if 9205 is the proper model number because it is indeed a pcie 3.0 x8 card. I'm going to be taking its heatsink apart and...
  8. U

Mellanox ConnectX-3 Windows 11

None of Nvidia's WinOF drivers support Windows 11. I tried to install a Win10 driver and it gave errors, like 1719 "Windows Installer service could not be started." Upon trying to close out the failed installation, I can't even close it, it gives 2732 "Directory Manager not initialized"...
  9. U

AQC111U & Apple Silicon?

I have been looking into ways to get 10Gbit networking capability to an Apple Silicon Macbook. At first I thought that the only viable options are: - Purpose-built 10GBase-T thunderbolt adapters. Still not sure which are apple silicon compatible. - SFP+ thunderbolt adapters (more flexible, but...
  10. U

Mellanox ConnectX-3 Wake on LAN

Hi, I'm using ConnectX-3's to implement 40Gbit networking throughout my home, and one of the important nodes is the HTPC. As you might imagine I think that it would be swell given the lack of HDMI-CEC on Nvidia to be able to boot up the PC without getting off the couch. The first step for that...
  11. U

Mellanox ConnectX3 MCX353A-QCAT? -FCBS?

What are the difference between these and the -FCBT? I have some 354A-FCBT and -QCBT dual port NICs and I like them because they work and I'm familiar with their management now. I have need for the even smaller profile single slot QSFP+ cards like the above, which I see on EBay, and I'd like to...
  12. U

ConnectX-3 dual port 40Gbit MCX354-QCBT NICs flashed to FCBT work, but show "cable disconnected" after Windows computer goes to sleep or shuts down

I'm connecting my Windows HTPC in the living room to my NAS/workstation in the office with an MPO fiber run. Using the 10GTek transceivers. The workstation runs Ubuntu 20.04 and is on 24/7 while the Windows PC will be powered down most of the time unless I'm using it. When I bring it back...
  13. U

Mellanox MCX354-FCBT on M.2 riser connected at 40Gbit only achieving 6.5Gbit in iperf3

I have one of these cards in each of two systems, one running Windows 10 and one running Ubuntu 20.04. I'm getting the same speed on iperf3 whether the windows machine is server or host. Also whether parallel processes are being used with iperf3. A DAC is connecting the two machines. Has...