Search results

1. R

PCIe switches, "Multicast" & drive mirroring.

I haven't dealt with dedicated PCIe switches before, and I'm trying to make sense of a feature that is advertised with almost all of them: "Multicast" (from PEX 8749 datasheet) As an example, let's say I have two PCIe x4 NVMe drives in a software Raid1/mirror setup, so the drives would...
  2. R

Multiplying SAS ports without backplane?

Thank you all for the advice! I don't have a backplane and would like to use a Fractal Define tower case. If I'm using an expander card, I will probably stick to SATA HDDs. With a reasonably modern PSU and SATA drives (all 2020+), does your advice still apply? Would I loose any relevant...
  3. R

Unfortunately I don't have any i/o left, and I need those SATA ports elsewhere, so I'll have to use an expander. Can I attach my SATA-style SAS connectors to the Intel Expander with a typical "SFF-8087 to 4x Latching SATA" breakout cable? Do they work in both directions? Is there a particular...
  4. R

I would like to connect 16 drives to an onboard LSI SAS2308 6Gbps HBA. The HBA is present on my X9SRH board in form of blue SATA-style connectors, eight of them. Would it be possible to "multiply" these 8 ports, so I can connect more than 8 drives, without having to use a backplane? It's my...
  5. R

AMD EPYC 7302p+ Supermicro H11SSL-i version 2

An update, my order shipped today via FedEx, due to arrive on Wednesday. I ordered the lowest 2x 8GB RAM combo (530$) and since I was going to use my own sticks anyway, I told them the to skip the RAM without refund. Even without RAM, it still beats the next best offer for this combo by about...
  6. R

AMD EPYC 7302p+ Supermicro H11SSL-i version 2

Same problem here, memorypartner_ltd: