Search results

1. F

Norco 120mm Fan wall

Anyone happen to have a fan wall for the 120mm fans they might want to sell? I found them on line 25$ at amazon, 11$ at ipc. But thought i would ask here first.
  2. F

Looking for SFF-8087 Cables

Anyone know where to get a decent deal on some SFF-8087 to SFF-8087 cables? Also anyone have any recommended brands or ones to stay away from? looks like most deals are ~ 10 bux each Coboc 6 ft. USB 2.0 A Male to Mini-B 5-pin Male Cable (Gray)-Newegg.com...
  3. F

WTB: Chenbro ck23601 or uek23601

Looking for a Chenbro 36 port card, If you have one send me a PM and let me know what your wanting for it.
  4. F

How to link two cases so that you need only one power button

So I'm sure someone has done this and there has to be a few ways to do it... But my raid is near capacity I want to add a second case with a lot of drives in the second case I only want the following: -sas expander (chenbro) -pe-2sd1?? -power supply I want to run a SFF-8088 from case 1 (with...
  5. F

4port nic on vmware's list for 25 bux

HP 491838-001 Hp Nc375i Quad Port Nic Adapter In my search to find a low profile quad port nic I can across these FULL Height cards for 25 bux.. It says its a multifunction card, I see you can add a memory stick and their is some slot on the back of the card for what i don't know... But...
  6. F

quad port low profile nics

Does anyone have a good source for some cheap 4port nics that are low profile?
  7. F

Anyone running ESXi on a HP DL160 G6

These seem to be nicely priced on ebay right now.. It looks like i might have to buy a hw raid card to get all 4 drives working with esxi But im wondering who is running ESXi on one of these, and what version? Any tips, tricks, or gotchas (i should know about) before buying one? Or does...
  8. F

Toshiba 3TB for 99 bux with free shipping!

Amazon.com: Toshiba 3TB Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive (Black/Black) (HDWC130XK3J1): Computers & Accessories 99 bux today! They also have some deals on other toshiba drives... Not sure how long the deal with last.
  9. F

RAID Compatable Harddrives

With people using cheaper HDD and not enterprise class drives for home raids, I've noticed over the last year people have had issues with some drives being 'bounced out' of their arrays. I've seen work arounds dealing with the firmware of some drives, and being able to enable/disable TLER and...
  10. F

3TB hitachi for 95

limit one per person it looks like, but hit a few stores... http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3532504
  11. F

FS Feeler: Hard Drives and ECC Memory!

Doing a new Build, and trying to decide to use what I have or buy new stuff, So If anyone is interested in any of the following shoot me a PM. 7x 4GB Server Memory (2x2GB sets) PC2-5300 ECC Fully Buffered MT36HTF25672FY 1X 4GB Server Memory (2x2GB set) PC2-3200 ECC REGISTERED mt18htf25672y...
  12. F

New Build this is what im looking at (any suggestions)

So I'm building out a new Hardware RAID 6 server... this is for the home, and will house mainly media (some dd images) I have been trying to find a cheap MB/CPU that will meat my needs: 1) Support ECC memory 2) PCIe 2.0 x8 slot support for a 3ware 9750 Newegg has the: SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCM-O...
  13. F

Hitachi 5k3000 2TB 59.00

if you get the emails from newegg You can get the Hitachi for 69.99 plus they have a 10 mail in rebate (only 2) for another 10.00 Making the cost of the drive 59.99 I believe this offer is good til the 30th. code EMCKAHC29
  14. F

UP to 75$ off RAID Cards at newegg, ENDS TODAY 9/25/11

I got the following: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816116109 for 263.99 shipped Promo Code is: SVHDC20
  15. F

Hardware RAID 'Green' Drive Options

So I'm building out my new RAID finally (mainly for media) I am trying to decide which drives to use (rather what my options are). Originally i was thinking the WD Green drives with the proper firmware, but it looks like they put a stop to that - as from what I've read you can no Longer Change...
  16. F

Looking for input on Hardware Raid Cards, and Drives recomendations

Greetings, This is my first post here... and I am looking for some input. I am finally getting around to building out my Norco 4020 case... and could use some input from you guys. What I am looking for is the ability to expand in the future (my current 15 drive array supermicro is out of...