Search results

1. F

Norco 120mm Fan wall

Anyone happen to have a fan wall for the 120mm fans they might want to sell? I found them on line 25$ at amazon, 11$ at ipc. But thought i would ask here first.
  2. F

Looking for SFF-8087 Cables

Anyone know where to get a decent deal on some SFF-8087 to SFF-8087 cables? Also anyone have any recommended brands or ones to stay away from? looks like most deals are ~ 10 bux each Coboc 6 ft. USB 2.0 A Male to Mini-B 5-pin Male Cable (Gray)-Newegg.com...
  3. F

WTB: Chenbro ck23601 or uek23601

Looking for a Chenbro 36 port card, If you have one send me a PM and let me know what your wanting for it.
  4. F

Toshiba 5TB external drives

Here's my post from back in 2012 on the 3tb drives... if you wanna open them without damaging them. Toshiba announces 12 new 3.5"desktop drives I kept all the boxes and everything incase i needed to return one for warranty... But i did the same thing cuz they were quite a bit cheaper! I've...
  5. F

How to link two cases so that you need only one power button

So I'm sure someone has done this and there has to be a few ways to do it... But my raid is near capacity I want to add a second case with a lot of drives in the second case I only want the following: -sas expander (chenbro) -pe-2sd1?? -power supply I want to run a SFF-8088 from case 1 (with...
  6. F

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

I did talk to the seller (I made an offer for no hdds, got mine with 0 sleds) seller said it was in the disclaimer that it came with no extras, even though I wanted the sleds just NO Hard Drives... The seller offered them at 5 bux a piece... anyway, I found someone selling 12 for 40 bux on ebay...
  7. F

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Those of you who bought this auction: Dell C6100 C6105 Cloud Server 6X 1 8GHz AMD 6 Core Hex Core 144GB RAM 3X 250GB | eBay Did you receive the HDD Sleds??
  8. F

Anyone running ESXi on a HP DL160 G6

wow... if they show up back in stock - i might pick one up.. but dont know what id do with it now ;)
  9. F

4port nic on vmware's list for 25 bux

ill let you know - have a friend that bought one... one slot is for memory, and the other is for anHP NC524SFP Dual Port 10GbE Module 490712-001 Optional module...
  10. F

ill let you know - have a friend that bought one... one slot is for memory, and the other is for anHP NC524SFP Dual Port 10GbE Module 490712-001 Optional module...
  11. F

quad port low profile nics

Woop just got one of these http://www.sandirect.com/documents/netxen_NX3-4GBT.pdf for 39.45 (now i need to find two more that work with esxi) VMWare shows that its supported up through 5.5 - so keeping my fingers crossed it meets my needs... VMware Compatibility Guide: I/O Device Search
  12. F

hagak: why would you avoid passthrough? (just wondering the thought process here?) From what i understand things like PfSense work best that way? i found some full height cards for 25 bux, posted in the deals section, vmware docs says they are supported.. so if anyone needs a cheap card...
  13. F

HP 491838-001 Hp Nc375i Quad Port Nic Adapter In my search to find a low profile quad port nic I can across these FULL Height cards for 25 bux.. It says its a multifunction card, I see you can add a memory stick and their is some slot on the back of the card for what i don't know... But...
  14. F

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Do the slots in these definitely require half height / low profile cards? or can a full profile card be used?
  15. F

hmm that wont work want to use these for esxi.... guess i need to find a compatibility list
  16. F

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Found some rizers on ebay for around 18 bux. Is anyone using quad port nics in their box? Any cheap sources out there? Cheapest I've found for low profile 4port nics is ~97.00
  17. F

Does anyone have a good source for some cheap 4port nics that are low profile?
  18. F

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

javi: what brand / sizze usb drives are you using inside the machine to boot off of?
  19. F

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

i talked to the seller today - they said a 4th board and 2nd ps was not possible... But im betting some of the things that are standard in the non dcs cases are missing and could probably be purchased separately.. something like this might be missing... New Dell PowerEdge C6100 1st 2nd...
  20. F

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

I believe you need low profile cards from what ive read. Anyone whos bought one form that same seller, that i did, can you confirm which CPU's are in these?