Search results

1. D

Need SAS HBA/Raid Controller Recommendation

What cables might I need to connect the p440 to the HC550s?
  2. D

SAS UltraStar HDD with U.2 Motherboard Port

What cables might I need to connect the p440 to the HC550s?
  3. D

I found cheap HP P440 controllers with 8 ports, but the connector is a double-wide mini-SAS (x4 each for 8 lanes total), and my HC550s connect via 29-pin SFF-8680. I'm not sure if I could plug two mini-SAS connectors in (each attaching to 4 drives), or if I would instead have to use a cable with...
  4. D

I found cheap HP P440 controllers with 8 ports, but the connector is a double-wide mini-SAS (x4 each for 8 lanes total), and my HC550s connect via 29-pin SFF-8680. I'm not sure if I could plug two mini-SAS connectors in, or if I would instead have to use a cable with the proprietary double-wide...
  5. D

Do all the encrypting HBAs require the purchase of an add-on license or hardware key to enable the encryption?
  6. D

I need to connect 4 SED Ultrastar HC550 hard drives somehow, but I don't know what to look for other than low price and number of ports. The drives are less than 285 MB/s each, so I doubt there would be bandwidth limitations. Does the HBA affect use of TCG Enterprise encryption? I was looking at...
  7. D

TCG Enterprise Software

Is there free software for managing TCG Enterprise encryption in SAS drives? The Ultrastar HC550 manual mentions a bunch of commands, but I don't know what I would need to issue them, for example to set a password for a drive track or unlock the drive.
  8. D

Thank you. I will get an SAS HBA.
  9. D

I am currently only using SATA drives and have an SAS hard drive arriving in a few days. My motherboard has two U.2 ports with 4 dedicated PCIe lanes each. I read somewhere that a U.2 port can support two SAS drives (no mention of SAS in the EVGA x299 FTW-K motherboard manual). Do I just need a...
  10. D

[WTB][US-OH] A rack server with an SAS HBA or RAID controller and honestly any other random homelab stuff you're looking to sell.

I'm starting from scratch and seeing what I can build in my basement. Hopefully a full cabinet someday. Both Local transactions and shipping would work. Shoot me a message with what you have and price(s). Doesn't have to be high-end but obviously I'd pay more for that. I've wanted for years to...
  11. D

16TB+256MG

?