Search results

1. J

Unifi Security Gateway Subnets and VPNs

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I think I'm stuck with 2 because I'm off-premise and can't move cables around. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. J

Unifi Security Gateway Subnets and VPNs

I recently setup a new network on the other side of the country and before I left, I managed to get my USG up and running but my problem now is that my network isn't configured correctly and I can't get the VPN to work right. I have a feeling my issue is with Routes/ Subnets/ Subnet Masks. My...
  3. J

Power Distribution Unit selection

Great. Thanks for your help everyone!
  4. J

Thanks folks! The AP7811 looks like a good option to me - http://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/Rack-PDU-Metered-2U-30A-208V-12-C13s-4-C19/P-AP7811 I can get it for $80 here - APC AP7811 16-Outlet Metered Rack PDU 2U Power Distribution Unit | eBay Am I missing something or should this do...
  5. J

I don't need it by outlet, just total. So it sounds like I'm in much better shape because of that.
  6. J

I'm going to be running 10x machines w/ a 1200 W (12 kW total) power draw in a co-located space and I want to measure their power draw in order to pay for my electricity correctly. Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced, networkable, 208v, PDU that will allow me to record those values?
  7. J

Looking for a recommendation 10G and QSFP+ Uplink

At the moment all of our clients have to be connected on 10GbE over RJ-45 rather than SFP+... This is something that's obviously pretty dumb but it was before I started working here and all the cabling is already done.
  8. J

I have to support probably 8 clients at 10G speeds. If I can connect my storage system with 2x QSFP+ to the "top of rack switch" and then provide each of my clients 10G speeds then I'll be in good shape. I'm open to used, we'll have to see if my company is too.
  9. J

So I'm speccing out an IT upgrade for the company I work at. We're a film production and we're thinking about making the move to 10G and part of that is figuring out kind of switch will actually work. One of the things I've been hammering home is that the connection from the Storage system to...
  10. J

Is this a good deal? Dell R710

Thanks - I had a feeling it wasn't that great of a deal.
  11. J

Is this a good deal? Dell R710

$450 for the below: Dell R710 PowerEdge Rack Mount Enterprise Server Dual HEX-Core Intel Xeon E5645 CPU 12GB RAM - PC3-10600E Energy-Efficient 570W Power Supply Unit (4) 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Adapters. Windows Server R2 2012 on 3 x SAS or SATA 5.4/7.2/10/15K RPM drives upon request...
  12. J

FS Samsung 850 Pro 1TB

I'm selling a 1TB 850 Pro SSD. It was unopened until I opened the package to make sure that it was the right thing since I bought it used in the first place. It has like 5 mins of use on it and is otherwise brand new. Asking price $350 -firm. (list price $437)
  13. J

Overpowered PLEX Server

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Guess I should really go ahead and add those pictures.
  14. J

Overpowered PLEX Server

I'm using mdadm right now. I never did run a benchmark on it while the RAID was un-mounted so I don't know the exact speed I'm getting but it's definitely fast enough for what I need. We've only got one VM running right now that isn't even on all the time so running it off the array isn't a...
  15. J

Overpowered PLEX Server

I'll be adding pictures in the morning Build’s Name: Aphrodite Operating System/ Storage Platform: Ubuntu 14:04 x64 LTS CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2620 v3 Haswell 2.4GHz Motherboard: SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SRI-F Chassis: Antec Three Hundred Drives: 4x WD Green WD40EZRX 4TB RAM: Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB)...