Search results

1. L

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Ahh okay. I got the switch at the beginning of the year, and I don't know what version of the firmware and bootloader it came with, other than that the firmware was v7.something. I don't have a black and white QR code sticker on it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't removed at some point in the...
  2. L

I checked out the updated guide and I am assuming you are referring to the sub-note " If you get "factory set-default is not a valid command" ". If so, that won't work on an older firmware, or at least it wouldn't work on mine that had a v7 firmware. Your sub-note assumes we can update the uboot...
  3. L

It looks like your PC is connected to the network on wireless, which as you listed above goes into an AP and then into an unmanged switch that goes into your Netgate which is connected to your ICX6450 with a DAC . Are you able to try with the PC plugged directly into the switch with an Ethernet...
  4. L

All three of mine show "fan failed", but they did that before I swapped the fans too. They correctly change speeds as needed, so I don't worry about it. I would look into three if you can. One doesn't move much air and it's better to have more than you need than less than you need.
  5. L

The temps are quite fine. It's currently sitting at 57 degrees with two Noctuas. Two or three times a day on hot days it will hit fan speed 2 for a minute or two (which is also silent) and then its fine again. I don't like it thermal cycling like that tho, so I just picked up a third noctua fan...
  6. L

If you run 'show ver' it will tell you which firmware is running. On mine it shows SW: Version 08.0.30uT313, which is the latest for this switch. I did have some errors earlier on tho with the EEPROM and it had something to do with temp files in the file system. There is a note about that a...
  7. L

Is the 6450-48 updated to the latest firmware? I went with Noctua fans on mine. They don't move as much air as the Sunon and Deltas but specs wise they are quieter so that's why I went with those. I have my switch in my entertainment center in the living room so being silent was important. I...
  8. L

Awesome, I'm glad to hear you got it working!
  9. L

If you type in 'show ver' what does it show?
  10. L

Why is that a downside? I've seen some shade cast against dual-mode but I confess I don't understand why that's bad.
  11. L

I think you would need to undo the tagging and dual modes on 15 and 17 first.
  12. L

I did, the message right above your last one, in case you missed it.
  13. L

I had a closer look and compared your 'show vlan' to mine. Yours looks quite different than mine. I don't think you have it set up right. Here is my config: And here is yours: Your setup is different than mine. Here are the commands from my documentation of how I got my VLANs to work with...
  14. L

I looked up what a freebox server is since I had no idea what it is, and I see that it IS your router. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freebox How do you have things wired up now? Earlier you said, if I understood your diagram properly, that the freebox player was plugged directly into the...
  15. L

Which port goes to your router? That port must also be tagged with VLAN 100 and dual mode
  16. L

If you assign 'dual-mode' on the port where it plugs into the Brocade, it will allow your tagged freebox player on VLAN 100 to communicate, plus the other devices which don't use tags to talk on the default untagged VLAN - assuming that the switch everything is plugged into behind the TV...
  17. L

Yes, if you already have a lot of configuration in the switch it would make sense not to do a factory reset. I had assumed you had just received the switch and were setting it up from scratch, my bad. I'm not sure how to set it back to dhcp to be honest. I would've thought your command of "ip...
  18. L

Did you run 'factory set-default'? I believe when I first got my 6450 and ran that, it was able to grab a DHCP address by default. The guide then tells you to disable it. You could skip that part if you are wanting to do a static DHCP assignment.
  19. L

The guide is a fantastic resource! There's a Donate link at the top of the page: Brocade Overview - Fohdeesha Docs
  20. L

Much appreciated, Fohdeesha, for helping a guy out on a Sunday evening! I'll throw a little at your liquor fund again, as you saved me from having a bum switch! Many thanks.