Search results

1. neoen

[SOLVED] Synology "Secure Erase" Locks Drive (WDs unlocked / Seagate still locked)

Awesome! Good to hear. 3TB now usable again :) Now THIS is the post I would have liked to come across at 3am when I bricked all of my hard drives to begin with. Too bad google cant index posts from the future.
  2. neoen

[SOLVED] Synology "Secure Erase" Locks Drive (WDs unlocked / Seagate still locked)

Ok Kristian, got something for ya. Try the password 'synology' all lowercase. The hdparm they say to use is --security-disable with password synolgoy. So something along these lines hdparm --security-disable synology /dev/sda Let us know if it works. -Neoen
  3. neoen

Wow, I'm impressed. Synology pulled it off. They SSHed in and unlocked all 4 drives, they all work now. I'm still going to return them and get some WD Reds I think but at least I can return functional drives :) So worst comes to worst you could set that drive aside and if/when you decided to...
  4. neoen

Ahh. I did the same thing before I bought the Synology device I ended up with. I love the device even though I could build a slightly more powerful machine for a little less cost. When it comes time to upgrade I will consider building my own but I do like not having to hack it. This may be...
  5. neoen

Just wanted to post an update. I am getting a bit out of synology support but I'm not sure if they're going to be able to help me. I'd say that if you have not put in a ticket with them yet to go ahead and give it a shot. I am going to begin the RMA process for my drives today and cancel it if...
  6. neoen

I tried that master password rubylaser, no luck. Granted I only have about a 10% understanding of what I'm even doing. Does this look right? SSHed to my synology box Synology> hdparm --user-master m --security-unlock 65334 /dev/sda That comes back as permission denied.
  7. neoen

Hi there ... I too managed to brick my seagate ST3000DM001 drives ... 4 of them actually. I just got off the phone with seagate and they said that to unlock the newer drives you have to know the password that was placed on them when it was locked. That is to say, they confirmed that they no...