Search results

1. A

Anyone have experience installing ROCm?

Kinda desperate for help here from someone who knows what they're doing. I'm not great at linux and this is my first foray into rocm. I've run into a ton of headaches trying to get my recently purchased MI100 working (purchased used). I can't even tell if it's alive or dead through lspci. I'm...
  2. A

FS: Supermicro X8DTE-F with 2 x Intel Xeon Intel Xeon L5630 bundles

Supermicro X8DTE-F with 2 x Intel Xeon L5630 processors and 2 x passive heatsinks (not pictured) per bundle - $40/each +shipping (probably $30each via UPS or $50-60 for all of them in a large box). Heatsinks all look like 2U passive types. They're all the same and I have a separate box full of...
  3. A

DDR4 ECC Registered Memory (4GB 2133MHz modules) - SOLD

I used these in some supermicro motherboards for a bit but sold all that and these are just collecting dust now. I have 16 DIMMS total for sale. They're a mixture of mostly Micron/Samsung. Timings all appear to be the same as well. I didn't have any trouble mixing them on the same socket...
  4. A

FS: AMD Epyc 7001/7002 stuff & SAS/DAC Cables

I'm new here so assuming you have good history/feedback I'll ship first and accept payment via paypal/crypto/etc. once you receive everything in good working order. Also willing to trade for Epyc Milan stuff. CPUs: AMD EPYC 7551P - $200 One available, works fine. AMD Epyc 7601...
  5. A

DIY Epyc Build

I'm working on building an epyc server for a co-location. Originally I was planning on a single socket, 64 core Epyc build, but I searched around and found some cheap dual-socket Epyc motherboards on ebay and kinda started going down the rabbit hole. Looking for a sanity check here or maybe I've...
  6. A

Automated failover for a home lab?

First of all, it's been a long time since I delved into networking so bear with me. My internet connection here is pretty unreliable (comcast), and recently was going out 1-2 days / month for up to 24-48 hours at a time. Typically it was stupid things like the maintenance tech screwing with...