Search results

1. S

Intel C202, C204, C206 Xeon E3 Bromolow Motherboards Thread

I just bought the same mobo and memory for my esxi build. I am still trying to figure out how to get the onboard SATA to work. I have had no luck. Anyone else know about this?
  2. S

Detect SATA drives ESXI

I have tried esxi 4.1 and 5.0 on my new build and i am hitting a bit of a brick wall. I am hoping that i do not have to buy any new hardware however i am starting to think i might. this is my build: CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 Sandy Bridge 3.2GHz LGA 1155 80W Quad-Core Motherboard: TYAN...
  3. S

ESXI - sweet build - advice requested

i found out what the difference was, and made a purchase. the second board had 4 ethernet ports and didnt support SAS. As i am using a raid card running SATA the SAS is un-needed and the extra ethernet/ lower cost made me go with the S5512GM4NR for 269.99. Thanks for all your help. BTW...
  4. S

how would this board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813151246 compare to the one you linked? I think they are bot s5512 but on newegg there seems to be two of them so im confused because the cheaper one (from what i see) appears to be a better board. I see...
  5. S

it looks like (if i understand correctly) the tyan board has a better remote interface then the super micro, and a larger variety of expansion slots. Since i only intend on using the one raid controller and possibly an ad on card for additional ethernet nic, the question i have is which board...
  6. S

Thanks for your help patrick, it has been fantastic! I cant seem to get to the links you posted, either my firewall is flagging it or they are dead links?
  7. S

thanks for the response patrick, i have a few more questions if thats ok. 1. are there any other architecture or design differences in the E3-1230 vs 1270? if not would it be wise for me to go with a dual socket mobo for the E31230 and just plan on having the availability of dropping a second...
  8. S

Build’s Name: ESXI - sweet build Operating System/ Storage Platform: ESXI 4.1, Win server 2008 R2 CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1270 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache Motherboard: ASUS P8B-E/4L ATX Server Motherboard LGA 1155 Intel C204 DDR3 ECC UDIMM Chassis: Antec Three Hundred...