Search results

1. B

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

It looks like them sb7700 is an edr switch. It may not work with that image.
  2. B

@NablaSquaredG Do you see anything like this during boot? [ 10.378951] rename_ifs[495]: Running renaming interfaces [ 10.570080] rename_ifs[495]: Renaming: MAC: e4:1d:2d:ab:34:9a ifindex: 2 name: mgmts0 [ 10.579454] rename_ifs[495]: Renaming: MAC: e4:1d:2d:ab:34:9b ifindex: 3 name: mgmts1
  3. B

I wonder if the udev rules are looking for the wrong thing and can't rename them to mgmts*... What names do they have?
  4. B

It looks like your management interfaces are missing Do any ethernet devices show up in lspci output?
  5. B

I do. Send me a link to the one you think is best, I can purchase it. I have a Celestica switch I may be able to use it with to try and get that thing working. You don't happen to have an ONIE/ICOS image do you? :)
  6. B

Yeah I need to find a way to either find a way in to the BIOS so I can boot a normal linux off a USB stick to do the DD, or I need to get an adapter for the SSD, don't currently have a way to hook it to my Linux boxen... Yeah the SX6720 is awesome, except for one thing.... The PSU fans won't...
  7. B

@NablaSquaredG I could try and image the SATA SSD in my SX6720 and post it somewhere if you want to try to just run it. Not sure I have the hardware, may have to try to get it to boot off USB to image it that way.
  8. B

Ahh, nevermind! I got it updated. Have not figured out how to enable VPI yet... I'm pretty sure I saw trhat this switch supported it.... For the others out there that may have this switch, I went from the 3.5.0100 to 3.6.8010 then 3.6.8012. To get the files from the site use the last URL in...
  9. B

Anyone here have any experience with an MSX6720? I just got one off EBAY for next to nothing. It seems to have a really old and apparently IBM version of MLNX-OS on it, 3.5.0100 and what I think is a MLNX version 3.4.3002. I believe that this is an IBM switch because it has an IBM looking FRU...