Search results

1. S

R720 PCIe Limit?

Good call. Ran the command you suggested and everything looks good for all 4 slots! This is the output I get - LnkSta: Speed 8GT/s (ok), Width x16 (ok) LnkSta: Speed 8GT/s (ok), Width x4 (ok) LnkSta: Speed 8GT/s (ok), Width x4 (ok) LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s (downgraded), Width x0 (downgraded)...
  2. S

R720 PCIe Limit?

So after my initial Ali Express order was stopped at customs and returned to the supplier; my second order arrived and I can confirm that the problem was with the Ableconn card, not the R720. I've only tried it with 2 NVMe drives so far. I'll reply to this post if I run into any problems once I...
  3. S

R720 PCIe Limit?

Appreciate the info! I'm a software developer and probably the biggest deterrent to releasing a product myself is the thought of having to deal with end user support lol Zip file attached for inspection. Unfortunately I don't have any experience troubleshooting hardware or PCIe issues like this...
  4. S

R720 PCIe Limit?

Proposal accepted! I was thinking about going with one of those ali-express cards initially but opted for the Ableconn mainly because I didn't want to wait for the shipping. Didn't realize the ASM 2824 was so flaky or I wouldn't have bothered with it in the first place. In that thread you show...
  5. S

R720 PCIe Limit?

Appreciate the reply! I definitely enjoy a good head-scratcher, but the extra long boot times after making PCIe card changes are a nightmare for my ADHD lol That is correct. Wanted to see if having the same quantity of M.2s attached but via different cards caused the same problem. Yes it does...
  6. S

R720 PCIe Limit?

Hi everybody, long time viewer, first time poster... I'm running into a weird problem with the Ableconn PEXM2-130 Dual PCIe NVMe M.2 SSDs Carrier (ASMedia ASM2824 Switch) I just bought where it only recognizes one of the NVMe drives unless I unplug the disk shelf attached to the LSI 9207-8e...