Search results

1. MESSERCHMIDT

Asus nvme nas with 6x 2tb solidigm for 800$ usd

https://slickdeals.net/f/16964419-asustor-flashstor-6-fs6706t-6-bay-all-sdd-nas-storage-6x-2tb-solidigm-p41-plus-m-2-2280-pcie-4-0-nvme-gen-4-ssd-780-free-shipping?src=foryou_recombee&prop=rcmid-8a9828640b424e6b7f35014cb50da68f
  2. MESSERCHMIDT

Which Nvme ssds for raid 1 on proxmox homelab?

Hello. I have a 12400 with 32gb of ram that is going to be my new home server. Need a set of nvme ssds to run proxmox and some images off it. Was looking at the new 1tb wd blue sn580s, or 10$ more for the sn770s. Or should I get something else?
  3. MESSERCHMIDT

hp 10gbe 523sfp+ firmware upgrade

hello. purchased an hp 523sfp+ dual 10gbe card. any suggestions on what firmware to use for 2.5gbe mode on opnsense? also, can it be updated in windows 11? looking here: HPE Support Center any guides/suggestions?
  4. MESSERCHMIDT

Inexpensive rj45 sfp+ adapter that are not locked

Need 4 or 5 sfp+ to rj45 adapters. I was going to go with of the the ones that servethehome.com reviewed. Going to be a bit expensive. I was wondering if anyone could suggest used rj45-sfp+ adapters that do 1/2.5/5/10? New cable service is 1.5gbs down, so had to do an upgrade. Bought a brocade...
  5. MESSERCHMIDT

mellanox connect x3 ebay

these look legit? $22 and 10$ usd shipping to canada. need two as they are 4x (no more 16-8x slots available on these new systems) Mellanox ConnectX-3 MCX341 SFP+10Gigabit Ethernet RMDA/RoCE | eBay
  6. MESSERCHMIDT

PCI-E 4X to quad 1X PCI-E?

for my old computer acting as a home server with an overclocked 6 core westmere chip and 12gb ram on gigabyte x58-ud4p,, i am basically out of pcie slots; I am looking for an inexpensive pcie expander / bifurcation card to split a 4x slot into quad 1x slots (something along those lines). I am...
  7. MESSERCHMIDT

need 10gbe nic for pc and freenas box, and sfp cable/adaptor for mikrotik

hello looking into what 10gbe network cards i should get for a win10 x64 pro pc and a freenas based xeon box. both systems have free 16x pce 3.0 slots. was thinking of mellanox or Chelsio cards from ebay, but not sure. maybe some intel x520-da1 cards. Suggestions? i bought the MikroTik...
  8. MESSERCHMIDT

Ryzen and ECC support?

was reading that amd left ecc support enabled on the ryzen cpus. was going to build a ryzen 1700 based system and wanted to use ecc ram so when i upgrade, i can use it in my freenas box,etc anyone know what board it would work with? the details seems sketchy atm. asus typically supports it...
  9. MESSERCHMIDT

dmz for voip (anveo) on obi

moved a friend from r7000 on ddwrt to a pfsense on a zoltac ci323 with 8gb ram; the r7000 is still performing wifi ap functions. on ddwrt, it was easy to setup a dmz for the voip adaptor - an obi device with service from anveo.com he was having call drops,etc with the pfsense box in place...
  10. MESSERCHMIDT

asrock n3150m - exsi custom image?

hello, purchased a asrock n3150m matx board for $100 cdn (ASRock > N3150M basically a lower clocked pentium n3700. It was in stock, while the n3700 variant was not. For $20 more I would have taken the n3700 variant if available. I got the matx version versus itx due to the extra pcie slots; I...
  11. MESSERCHMIDT

AMD A8-7650K Home VM Sevrer Build

Hello, A family friend asked me on advice for upgrading thier home server. currently a core 2 e6300 @ 2.8, gigabyte DQ6 board, and 2gb ddr2 ram. They have a dual nic intel pcie card. This is a rig that I build it for them many years ago when they upgraded to an i7 920 using their old parts and...
  12. MESSERCHMIDT

cheap vm home server build with exsi 6.0 - need advise

Hi everyone, hopefully I am in the correct forum. I am looking to make a low power vm box for use at home. This versus having multiple boxes doing the same thing. I currently have pfsense running on a old core 2 with 4gb of ram, and a painfully slow dlink dns 323 nas from some years ago (does...