Search results

1. T

HP ProLiant DL380 iLO4 NAND Flash

Unfortunately no. I got the NAND chip off and probed voltage while I was in there and noticed that ALL of my rails were looping between their respective high and low voltages. I spent about 8 hours total chasing a gremlin and never did find it. The project has been benched until this summer when...
  2. T

If that is really all the NAND is used for then I likely have about a thousand other issues to work through on this board. The iLO is constantly losing sensor data and cant reliably tell what hardware is and isnt installed. I had assumed that the iLO ROM was stored on the NAND chip and whatever...
  3. T

Yeah, nah. Ive sourced the module from a place called UTSOURCE. Ive had good luck with them in the past. I will get this swapped out and post a progress update ince I am done
  4. T

That pair is likely the culprit. A hub controller IC (likely the "sd card" controller) and a NAND flash IC. Now to figue out where to source that flash chip.
  5. T

Like I said above, its a DRAM module. Ddr3. Again, above: "I started out as a microcontroller amd FPGA guy" I have ample experience designing and assembling boards as well as diagnosing and repairing boards including flowing BGA chips. I am more than confident that I can repair this board...
  6. T

I found an skhynix dram module next to the iLO but I didnt see any NAND. I haven't removed the system board from the sled yet but I probably should have done that prior to posting. I was incredibly frustrated by the absolute swarm of forum posts just throwing in the towel and buying new boards...
  7. T

I dont think so... but also yes? There seems to bee issues with the HBA if iLO isnt working properly and I plan on using this to replace my PowerEdge T420 so having the out-of-band controller is kind of necessary. I do prefer iDRAC but the computing power that I am lacking is starting to show...
  8. T

I am new to the forums so forgive me if I have misplaced this thread. I recently had a "FREE" DL380 fall into my hands that had been in some less than ideal operating conditions. I figured it couldn't be too difficult to repair and I was mostly correct. I was able to clean up the system board...