Search results

1. K

GIGABYTE HPE R281-N40 CL2200

Thanks for clarifying RolloZ170 and Ezy. My gut feeling is that it's likely a micro-fit 2x2. EDIT TO ADD: I measured the pin spacing out, and it does appear to be 3mm, so that should mean it's a micro-fit 2x2. I ordered a cable to try out, so I'll update in a few days with results on that. :)
  2. K

Hi Ezy, Is that 12v power cable running from the mezzanine card to the motherboard just a standard 4 pin male to male molex cable?
  3. K

No, but it's not really necessary. The card fits pretty snuggly, and you could use a couple of DIY little plastic standoffs to keep it in place.
  4. K

Hi Cruzader, This does appear to be the CNVO124 OCP card. Can you by chance snap some pictures and describe how the cables coming from it are connecting to the mezzanine card that is attached to the backplane?
  5. K

I had the same unfortunate issue. I bought 4 of the CL2200 units only to find them lacking the NVME enablement kit. Very frustrating and super hard to find. I found the backplane mezzanine card (CEPM080) on ebay here: Gigabyte CEPM080 8-Port Mezzanine Card Tested Working | eBay. I bought 4 of...
  6. K

@da.bernde - Unfortunately, my experience with their customer support/service has been very similar to yours. Gigabyte makes some really good stuff in many cases, but their support just doesn't inspire much confidence.
  7. K

I was able to get both the BMC and Bios flashed to Gigabyte's most recent, but it was a while ago. I did not use the update inside the BMC interface, as that would appear to work but didn't actually. I had to use the Gigabyte flash utility (I can't remember what they call it). Once you have both...
  8. K

Xeon 8272CL Maximum Memory

I'm going to give this a shot and see what happens. I will be testing a 24 DIMM system (12 per socket) with dual Xeon 8272CL CPUs (stated compatible by vendor), 12 LRDIMM 64GB (6 per socket) and 12 512GB Intel Optane Persistent Memory DIMMs (6 per socket). This will be 768GB of RAM, 6,144GB of...
  9. K

Xeon 8272CL Maximum Memory

I have been researching this CPU and have seen numerous conflicting specs regarding the maximum memory supported by this CPU. Some say 1TB per socket while others say 4.5TB per socket. I'm hoping someone on here might be able to report real world experience with trying to push beyond 1TB on a...
  10. K

EXPIRED Hyve "S-SKUD 2" - 1U, 8x LFF SATA6, 2x LGA 3647 Skylake-SP, 2x PCIe x16, 2x OCP PCIe x8 w/2x 25Gbps Connectx-4 installed - $149 + Shipping

A system can support both NVDIMM and Intel Optane Persistent Memory options... just not both being used at the same time.... if that makes sense. It unfortunately isn't looking too promising that this motherboard supports Optane Persistent Memory though, so it likely also doesn't support Gen2...
  11. K

EXPIRED Hyve "S-SKUD 2" - 1U, 8x LFF SATA6, 2x LGA 3647 Skylake-SP, 2x PCIe x16, 2x OCP PCIe x8 w/2x 25Gbps Connectx-4 installed - $149 + Shipping

My gut is that has to do with Micron's NVDIMMs rather than Intel's Optane Persistent Mem. Hmmm. If you're in the market for a regular Gen1, check out Xeon 6138 CPUs on Ebay. Lots of server pulls going for less than $300 currently. With 20 physical cores, 40 threads, they're outstanding...
  12. K

Does it mention Intel DCPMEM (Intel Optane Persistent Memory) in the Bios? I believe it's usually under the Advanced menu. If it does, this means at least mainstream Gen2 CPUs should work.
  13. K

The BMC is AMI MegaRAC. Quite a few names use it for their BMC solution. Gigabyte, some of HPE's Cloudline (at least the ones made by Gigabyte for them), AsRock, Asus, Tyan, some Intel boards, Chenbro, Wistron private label/oem, and several others use that same BMC. It's pretty common...
  14. K

That's how I'm leaning as well. Usually, when you see the black DIMM slots closest to the CPU like that, they're for optional Optane Persistent Memory DIMMs, and those are only supported on the Gen 2 CPUs. However, just because the board can support Gen 2 doesn't mean the BIOS version does...
  15. K

Supermicro SAS3 HBA

You probably don't need to mess with cross flashing it. I have deployed several of these in non-supermicro machines/motherboards without any issue. They just work as is.
  16. K

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

I just configured two SX6036 switches this week (SX6012 works the same way). Try following the instructions in the manual, starting on page 43. You can launch the wizard, and it'll allow you to set the switch up as a dhcp client on the mgmt port. Once you've done that, hook the mgmt port of the...
  17. K

Chenbro RB238G13-U04 - 10G Fiber Adapter

Tried a Mellanox ConnectX-3 dual port QSFP card today. It was correctly recognized in Windows 2019.
  18. K

Supermicro SAS3 HBA

I needed some with half height brackets, and I found these for a few bucks less (but no best offer option). Still a few available, so thought I'd throw it up here in case anyone was needing the short bracket. :)...