Search results

1. F

Qlogic FastLinQ 41000 QL41134HLRJ-CK 4x 10Gbe PCIe3 nic, anyone have or know anything about this card?

QLogic is Marvell, not Broadcom. Drivers and Firmware get updates more or less regularly, last one for 41xxx is from 12/06/22, latest Windows Drivers support Server 2012 - Server 2022 I use some of them with 4x SFP+ in different Proxmox Hosts and they work flawlessly.
  2. F

Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

That's the question. The hardware design is a bit different than the others, so I'm scared to try the linked firmware updates, even if the webinterface is identical.
  3. F

Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

Has anyone tried to update firmware for the Sirivision S25G2109FP? https://en.sirivision.com/product/4023.html
  4. F

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

Can anyone provide original VPD information of a HP/HPE 649281-B21 card? I'm trying to crossflash an IBM model to HPE but I don't have the correct vpd information from an original HPE card.
  5. F

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

Thanks a lot for the clarification, both of you :) Will try to get the ConnectX-3 standard fw on the card tomorrow. €dit: Worked like a charm with standard ConnectX-3 firmware.
  6. F

I want to chime in here with a few questions. I've bought two IBM 00D9552, they are shown as following: mlxvpd -d /dev/mst/mt4099_pci_cr0 VPD-KEYWORD DESCRIPTION VALUE ----------- ----------- ----- Read Only Section: PN Part Number...
  7. F

HP SAS enclosure advise

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but do I need a HPE Head Unit (ProLiant G8/G9 or G10) to use the D3700/D3710 or is it possible to use whatever machine/vendor I want?
  8. F

Best software defined storage for NVMe - low latency

Thank you all a lot for your input so far, that really helps me to move the project further to completion. And I'm not against "turnkey solutions" if they REALLY offer what's promised in the marketing brochures. StorPool has crossed my path (=google search) a few times, but I havn't found any...
  9. F

Capacity isn't needed that much. Performance is key. We are talking about 150 VMs with ~80TB of data. Nothing fancy. I get the feeling, that my initial idea is a bit over the top. Reason for evaluating Ceph was the possibility to add more nodes easily. This is something ZFS can not achieve...
  10. F

MooseFS (Pro?) has been on the radar but I havn't looked any further yet. Do you have experience in home or production use with it? Nutanix is something I've heard of, but I thought you need piles of money to use it. Even worse than VMware Didn't know, that they have a "Community Edition"...
  11. F

Feels a bit like my experiences so far But ZFS as filer misses all the nifty features newer SDS' deliver.
  12. F

Hi Community, I'm in the need of a fast storage (=low latency, high IOPS) to serve as storage for virtual machines. I've taken a closer look at Ceph but I think it's not the right choice for an all flash based storage because I can't really get the full performance of the nvme drives on the road...