Search results

1. T

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

Is there any good source to get those below $800 a piece at this point?
  2. T

So it seems like one should be able to put 5 NVMe drives (with the card linked by @Chi-TownWarrior) and with PCIe 3.0 they should all have enough bandwidth to fill up 10 GBit ethernet connection. That would mean I could replace my complete home server (incl NAS) with it as soon as 4TB or 8 TB go...
  3. T

Was someone able to test the bifurcation already for the PCIe slots? maybe this card can fit: Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2M2 PCIe Add-On Card
  4. T

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Hi everyone, I found this on reddit (credit to user theusu5000 in this thread): I like the idea of creating a NAS out of a Lenovo minipc. He/She mentioned in his/her thread that you need to solder com wires to the board to supply power to the drives. I also read somewhere online that they...
  5. T

Topton 4-port 2.5G and 2-port 10G 10th Gen Core Units and 8-port 2.5G

Would have been great to be Able to have them below 1U thickness. Did someone tried to set this one up as a NAS already?
  6. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

lol, I literally put that in my Amazon cart yesterday
  7. T

I have never used a fiber transceiver, can you recommend a specific brand? I think most articles I read online recommend multi mode. Will need to check again. My run will be about 12m. Yes, sorry, corrected the typo. When I boot from the switch firmware into the router firmware, will I need to...
  8. T

Three more questions on the Brocade switches: Do the Brocade switches need special SFP+ Fiber (OM4) transceivers? Can y'all recommend a brand or a model? I want to make two fiber runs between my laundry closet and the server rack room. Is there a good tutorial on how to activate L3 inter-VLAN...
  9. T

I dont have a ton of slack on those. They would maybe come down to half of the height of the enclosure.
  10. T

It is in the laundry room. Noise does not matter as much, but the switch would be kind of “in the way”. My current idea is to remove the switch from the enclosure and hang a 6U or 9U closed rack above the enclosure. The dryer “vents” to the outside of the house, so the room is not more humid...
  11. T

This is a great point. If I choose one of the two, I would go with the 6450 in the enclosure. Do you think the risk is too high? The current fanless brocade is doing well, but also only has half the ports.
  12. T

I care about the money, but I also want to use the switch for a while, so have it "future-proof" to an extend is important. For me power consumption is also important and to have a balance between that and what requirements I have. I tend to think big and then do not use all of it. Trusting the...
  13. T

Hi everyone, thanks for putting this thread with a TON of information together. I must admit that I have not read the complete thread, so please forgive me if some of my questions have already been answered: 1. I am interested in the Brocade ICX6450-24P: My understanding is that the latest...
  14. T

Switch recommendation for 10GB home network

The 6450 looks pretty good and one can mod the fans. Power consumption is also comparable to what Unifi or Mikrotik does. Unfortunately the fan mod does not seem to be possible for the 6610. I am not willing to have a jet being close to me though :). If I checked correctly, they are only capable...
  15. T

Switch recommendation for 10GB home network

Hi everyone, I am planning to expand my home network and move it (or at least parts of it) to 10 GB. Currently, I have the following setup: 1. Laundry room: in-wall media enclosure (see picture here): Modem (Spectrum) Switch (Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P) Router (AliExpress mini PC) running pfSense...
  16. T

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

The only thing I am missing here is a 10GBe (sfp+) port
  17. T

PCIe lane math - Transition to SSD/NVMe NAS - how to best use existing hardware

Thanks for the recommendations! Does the brand for U.2 drives matter or are they all "good enough"?
  18. T

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Hi everyone, I have read through quite a bit of this thread, but still have some questions. Sorry if they have been answered, but I did not read all 57 pages :). To provide some context: I have a homelab (one "big" server for now) incl NAS and would like to extend the setup with one or two...
  19. T

PCIe lane math - Transition to SSD/NVMe NAS - how to best use existing hardware

Thanks, I have an LSI3008 HBA onboard that I currently pass-through to TrueNAS in proxmox