Search results

1. altano

[sold] 15.36TB Enterprise SAS SSDs

SOLD I have 2 sets of 4 PM1633a SAS SSDs to sell. I bought them from this forum a few years ago and am ready to sell as part of my homelab downsizing. Details: 4 x 15.36TB PM1633a SAS SSD Model #: AREA15T4S5xnNTRI / PM1633a Vendor: Samsung / HP Enterprise (HPE) Last eBay sale: April 26, 2023...
  2. altano

Weird networking issue with cloudflared, need help diagnosing

I have a pretty basic setup where I have some docker containers hosting various services. They’re all only on my local LAN. The docker containers are on Flatcar Linux, which is in a VM in Proxmox. In the same Proxmox instance I have a Debian VM with only cloudflared on it. I then expose these...
  3. altano

X10SDV-7TP4F + RAM $599

I think the seller got confused by model numbers and is selling this board way under market value, including 2x32gb ddr4 ram, at $599 https://www.ebay.com/itm/165997880652
  4. altano

Shallow/short-depth server racks?

Anyone know of any 10-25U server racks that are shallow-depth / short-depth? ~12"-17" deep. Preferably on casters, but free-standing is acceptable.
  5. altano

Modern X10SDV-2C-7TP4F replacement?

My X10SDV-2C-7TP4F is too underpowered to handle zfs native encryption, apparently, and is therefore officially too old to be a useful storage board for me. Not to mention my getting sick of hardware incompatibilities wasting my time. Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement? Required...
  6. altano

[SOLD] FS: Supermicro 2U quad-node 2011-3 2028TP (now with shipping!)

UPDATE: SOLD UPDATE: Due to the lack of local interest I am now willing to ship this server. I bought this system on this forum from @BlueFox just a few months ago. Due to a change in plans I won't be able to put it to use it. I added hardware to it and would be willing to sell at a loss. I'm...
  7. altano

[WTB] 64GB ECC DDR4 1.2v x 4

I want to upgrade the RAM on one of my M11SDV-8C-LN4F from 128GB -> 256GB. Anyone want to sell me some cheap RAM? The cheapest options I can find new (that claim support) are: Crucial MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2R: $165 x 4 = $660 SuperMicro MEM-DR464MC-ER32: $190 x 4 = $760 Anyone know how to do this...
  8. altano

SuperMicro BMC unresponsive after shutdown?

Has anyone had their SuperMicro BMC go unresponsive after graceful shutdown of the host? I saw a server fault post suggesting that this can happen if the bmc NIC stops advertising it’s MAC but I manually associated the IP to the MAC in my devices arp address table and that didn’t help. FWIW I...
  9. altano

Optane P1600X 58GB $40

Newegg has the Intel Optane P1600X SSDPEK1A058GA01 for $40 and the 118gb for $76. The 118gb module is back ordered atm but they’ll honor the price. I know cause I bought 4x58gb modules while it was back ordered and they fulfilled the order a few days later. Intel Optane SSD P1600X...
  10. altano

Netgear M7100-24X (XSM7224) any good?

These look like cheap, fully managed switches that would give me mostly 10gbase-t and a little SFP+, which is just what I’m looking for. It’s going in a small colocation deployment. This thing came out in 2013 but I’m not sure I should care. It’s the cheapest analogous switch I can find, ~$580...
  11. altano

[FS][US-CA] SilverStone RM420 (20-bay 3.5" HDD storage server, 4U)

$400, local pickup in Los Angeles or the San Francisco Bay Area. (I'll consider shipping if I don't get any takers in CA) I'm selling my trusty SilverStone RM420 rackmount chassis, the perfect homelab storage server. (20-bay 3.5" HDD storage server, 4U). SilverStone doesn't sell these anymore...
  12. altano

[SOLD][FS][US-CA] 6 x 12TB WD HC520 SATA 3.5" HDDs

SOLD I'm upgrading a Synology NAS to larger drives so I have these 12TB drives to get rid of. I don't want to split them up (because I'm lazy). Wear: They should all have low usage but they've been powered on since ~April 2020. Warranty: I checked one drive and the warranty goes to 2025-05-23...
  13. altano

[SOLD][FREE] defective Sliger CX4712, local pickup in LA

I bought a defective Sliger CX4712 last May and I've lost my patience with this thing and want it out of my rack. My loss is your gain. Local pickup in Los Angeles (90026) only. I don't feel like shipping this thing. The chassis is really nice but has some issues that may or may not matter to...
  14. altano

[WTB] 2 x VM servers, flexible needs

Here's a puzzle for you all. I want to upgrade my personal VM servers. I currently have an EPYC 3251 and a Xeon-D in a Proxmox cluster, and I'm getting impatient with build times in my personal software development (single core clock speed bottlenecked). My requirements: 2-nodes (4 would be...
  15. altano

Colocation Networking

I’m moving a bunch of homelab hardware into a colocation rack. Some of it will be exposed to the public internet but most of it (storage server, ipmi interfaces, etc) will be private. My understanding is that the colo gives you an ip public prefix and you bring your own networking equipment, and...
  16. altano

FS: 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510 x 7 (Los Angeles) (SOLD)

SOLD I've got 7 x 10TB Ultrastar DC HC510 drives. These were used in a homelab NAS for a few years so they should be very low on wear. The thing is, I'm feeling very lazy (I don't have HD boxes) and I only want to let someone come pick them up in Los Angeles. They're going for an average of...
  17. altano

SAS drives with SATA breakout cable?

I have a motherboard with a mini-SAS port and I have 4 SAS drives. Can I use a mini-SAS to 4 SATA forward breakout cable or does the forward breakout cable have to be mini-SAS to 4 SAS (which I can't even find for sale)?
  18. altano

No IP address on OmniOS?

I have an OmniOS + napp-it server hosted on ESXi. It's been running fine for years. Today I lowered the memory in the system and allocated less memory to the VM and now, when it boots up, it has no IP address. I can get into the shell from the ESXi host just fine and it looks like napp-it is...
  19. altano

eBay SSD Provenance?

I just bought some SSDs off eBay and I'm having trouble determining their provenance because: They have different product numbers on the front and back Neither product number has any google results The model # doesn't have any google results The listing said they were made in Malaysia but the...
  20. altano

Quieter 80mm fans?

All anyone talks about is replacing 80mm fans in SuperMicro chassis to make them quieter, but no one ever mentions model #s. My go to 40mm fans are the SuperMicro FAN-0100L4 when I actually need to move air (but much more quietly!) and the Noctuas when low cfm is okay. What should my goto...