Search results

1. S

pfSense - HP T620+ vs Dell Wyse 5070

Vesalius, et alia: I do try to be an open minded person with respect to such matters and will surely take some time to look at what OPNsense can offer me. If the backup/restore capability of OPNsense is more or less the same as pfSense (with the ability to backup in unencrypted xml...
  2. S

All, some history first... I have been using Gargoyle as my router firmware for several years now until I wanted to use 802.11r/v/w/k and it does not really support that yet. So, I decided to move to OpenWRT (which I did) and was happy with the move except that I also decided to move most of...
  3. S

Well, for now I am installing pfSense as that is what I tested and I feel deploying it will get me where I need to be in terms of my steps for my home lab network upgrade. With that in mind, I will spend some time looking at OPNsense more closely. However, pFblockerNG does look very interesting...
  4. S

I have considered OPNsense and rejected it for some several reasons as set forth herein below. However, reservations notwithstanding, I am open to listening and learning. pfSense is a commercial product (though open source), so the attention to detail with respect to quality and overall...
  5. S

Hello all! I am new to this forum and found this thread rather interesting. I just obtained a T620 Thin Client (the really thin one, not the Plus) and am starting to get it ready to be made into a pfSense firewall. So far pfSense looks quite interesting and would allow me to run my access...