Search results

1. RamGuy

Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Core (23H2 / Build 25398), AMD X570 and Ryzen 9 3900X with random lockups/freezes

According to hwinfo64, 6&34667467&0&00200019 is Intel DG2 - High Definition Audio Controller. Not sure why it's having issues, as the drivers have been added. But doesn't matter. I don't use this Audio Controller so I've just left it as disabled.
  2. RamGuy

Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Core (23H2 / Build 25398), AMD X570 and Ryzen 9 3900X with random lockups/freezes

It's somewhat challenging to control drivers and hardware status on Windows Server Core without a functioning device manager snap-in. But I installed Windows Admin Center on a VM and according to "Devices" there were several PCI devices in critical state without drivers. Seems like my attempt at...
  3. RamGuy

Greetings, I recently made some changes to my home server. It was previously running: Operating System: Windows Server 2022 LTSC (Build 20348) CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X RAM: 4x 16 (64GB) 3200MHz ECC unbuffered DDR4 Motherboard: ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE, BIOS/UEFI version 4101 Network Card: On-board...
  4. RamGuy

Dell PowerEdge R610, replacing Dell PERC H700 with something compatible with VMware ESXi 8.x?

Thank you for the info. Looks like the H710 is fully compatible with VMware ESXi 8.0. I'll opt for the H710 instead of the H730 so I don't have to deal with changing the cabling.
  5. RamGuy

Dell PowerEdge R610, replacing Dell PERC H700 with something compatible with VMware ESXi 8.x?

I have a Dell PowerEdge R610 server for LAB usage. As VMware ESXi 6.7 went end-of-life in October 2022, I decided it was time to upgrade. Instead of going with VMware ESXi 7.x I went straight to ESXi 8.x. The upgrade itself wasn't too difficult, have to workaround some unsupported CPU warnings...
  6. RamGuy

Windows Server ACore 2004 and very inconsistent disk performance using Storage Spaces

Thanks for your reply, I will try this later. I'm doing a full "Repair-Volume -FileSystemLabel "*" -OfflineScanAndFix" which will take some time as it has to scan eight 10TB hard drives. I think one of the drives might be struggling. According to CrystalDiskInfo it has over 39000 reallocated...
  7. RamGuy

Windows Server ACore 2004 and very inconsistent disk performance using Storage Spaces

Hi, I've started to have a lot of issues with my Windows Server ACore 2004 installation. It's running my Plex Media Server and it also handles my torrents. I noticed that the server have started to feel laggy when accessing it using Remote Desktop and transferring files from my Windows 10 2004...
  8. RamGuy

$99 10Gb NIC from Asus

This card works horribly for me in my Windows Server.. Tempted to try one of the Intel X550-T2 Chinese knock-offs from Ebay instead.. I did upgrade my home network to have 10Gbe uplink's and got myself the Asus XG-C100C Ethernet Adapter for my server and my desktop and the network card is not...
  9. RamGuy

Upgraded my home server from Intel to AMD. Virtual disk stuck in degraded/unhealty state.

Thanks for asking! It seems like AMD Ryzen isn't the most mature platform to work with so had to solve a lot of issues.. But I finally managed to stabilise it. I couldn't use EaseUS To-Do Backup either as it was unable to backup my 18TB of usage space on my 40TB virtual disk due to the use of...
  10. RamGuy

Upgraded my home server from Intel to AMD. Virtual disk stuck in degraded/unhealty state.

Thanks for asking! It seems like AMD Ryzen isn't the most mature platform to work with so had to solve a lot of issues.. But I finally managed to stabilise it. I couldn't use EaseUS To-Do Backup either as it was unable to backup my 18TB of usage space on my 40TB virtual disk due to the use of...
  11. RamGuy

Im currently doing a disk/partition backup using EaseUS To-Do Backup to an external drive so Im going to completely redo the storage pool after its done. It does seem like its fully functional, but there is no way Im going to risk using it when Server Manager is no longer reporting it to have...
  12. RamGuy

Hi, there! Today I upgraded my home server from Intel Xeon E3-1275v1 on a Asus P8E-E/4L motherboard over to a AMD Ryzen 3900X on a Asus Pro WS X570-ACE motherboard. I'm still using the same LSI MegaRAID 9211-8i in IT-mode for my 8x Seagate IronWolf 10TB disks, and I also had to carry over a...
  13. RamGuy

Simple RAID0/Stripe using Windows Storage Spaces on Windows Server 2016/1709 very slow?

Sorry for my late reply. Office365 suddenly decided to mark the notification e-mails as junk/spam. I'm using utorrent and I prefer to have it that way due to the awesome RSS downloader and the fact that I have over 600 torrents seeding so it would be a lot of hassle to re-add them into another...
  14. RamGuy

Simple RAID0/Stripe using Windows Storage Spaces on Windows Server 2016/1709 very slow?

Never mind, I found a way to handle the moving of completed downloads. I will try to use a SSD as download cache.
  15. RamGuy

The issue with caching the downloads on a SSD to then move it afterwards is that I get really limited in terms of folder and file structures. If I want to automate this process within the client it only allows me to set a specific "move to" folder whereas I mostly rely on RSS and get torrents...
  16. RamGuy

I'm having some trouble with 2x Seagate IronWolf 10TB disks in a simple RAID0 aka "Stripe" configuration using Windows Storage Spaces on Windows Server 2016 v1709. This server is being used for Plex and torrents. Nothing fancy, but it seems like the RAID-array is not up to the task. Having a...
  17. RamGuy

Moving from Windows Server 2016, to Hyper-V on Nano Server 2016. Will I need to format data drives?

Partition Master has it's own Partition Recovery Manager; Partition recovery wizard - EaseUS Partition Master
  18. RamGuy

Moving from Windows Server 2016, to Hyper-V on Nano Server 2016. Will I need to format data drives?

I have NanoServer up and running on bare metal and its working great. The only issue I have is that the entire deployment USB just nuked my 14TB partition. Little did I know that the NanoServer Deployment USB was completely unattended so instead of installing of re-partitioning and write the...