Search results

1. Fritz

Could somebody tell me what "100% Tested" means?

Lots of HD's on eBay say they're "100% Tested". Sounds like 100% BS to me but what do I know?
  2. Fritz

I want one

Supermicro's new fanless mini server SYS-E302-12D-8C sporting a Xeon D 1736NT 8 core with all the fixings. A bit pricey but no real competition as far as I know. Supermicro IOT/Embedded System (SYS-E302-12D-8C)
  3. Fritz

Anybody know how to access the Pi-Hole command line????

This is stupid. I can find a qazillion references to the cli and a qazillion command references but I cannot find how to access the damn thing. :mad:
  4. Fritz

Access Supermicro IPMI via HTTP?

Motherboard in question is a X12STL-iF. I have no need for HTTPS and the browser will not save the user name and password if I connect via https and of course I get the stupid "This Connection is Not Secure" message. The option to disable HTTPS is grayed out. Anybody know how to deal with this? TIA
  5. Fritz

Storage Spaces sucks, how can I free my disks and get rid of it??????

Feel like I stepped in dog poop. I created a storage spaces pool then decided I didn't want it. Now it's holding my disks hostage and I can't find how to kill it and free my disks. The problem is it's a primordial pool and searching for how to delete it returns nothing but gibberish. HELP...
  6. Fritz

I have an old as dirt Ruckus 7372 and I'm looking to upgrade

I'd like to avoid those models that require a controller so I'm looking for an Unleashed model. Which one should I go with? TIA
  7. Fritz

Need help locating SAS9201-16i firmware

MSM reports it as a SAS9201-16i Windows reports it as a LSI Adapter, SAS2 2116 Meteor ROC(E) Broadcom's website is a frustrating joke. Anybody have a link to the latest firmware? TIA
  8. Fritz

Just created my first Storage Spaces pool and I'm a bit disappointed

Pool consists of 24 450GB 10K 2.5 spinners hooked to a SAS3 backplane and a 3008 IT controller. I just configure this SC216 chassis to be my first SS storage box. :( :rolleyes:
  9. Fritz

Why is Linux only showing 251GB Total Memory?

BIOS and Superdoctor are showing 256GB which is correct.
  10. Fritz

Can Remmina be restarted from the command line?

Google sucks. :confused:
  11. Fritz

WTF of the day

Supermicro X9DRW-7TPF JPS1 enables / disables the on board SAS controller. The red square seems to enclose 3, possibly 4 jumpers. So which is JPSI and what are the others. :confused:
  12. Fritz

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVMe $69 with free shipping

Seller has 100% feedback https://www.ebay.com/itm/266508547737
  13. Fritz

New Supermicro IPMI Host Interface, what is it?

Board is a X12STL-IF. There is an IPMI setting called "Host Interface. What the heck is is?
  14. Fritz

Supermicro Industrial Atom E50-40 SYS-E50-9AP-N5 Goldmont Server 29130EC Brand New $75 $8.00 shipping

Interesting little server with 5 LAN ports. Brand New. Seller has 100% feedback. https://www.ebay.com/itm/386112761175
  15. Fritz

OK, this is driving me nuts - Cable labeling

I have searched till I'm blue in the face for the answer to a simple question. I've read all the reviews on label printers and there are countless references to using shrink wrap labels to label network cables but not the first #%^&%$^& reference as to whether or not the tube labels will fit...
  16. Fritz

Looking for Win Server 2012 R2 NVMe Samsung driver

Anybody know where I can find it? Does it even exist? Samsung plays bullshit games with their drivers. Lots of frustration and guessing out there but nothing concrete. TIA
  17. Fritz

PWM fan speed setting ???

OMG, I am buried in bullshit. :( I have a fan speed setting in the BIOS that was set to 255. I assume that 255 is max speed (and max noise). i set it to 125 and it slowed down considerably. But what I want to do is fine tune it (noise / cooling). I assume that PWM speeds are incremental. Is...
  18. Fritz

I thought Oppo was supposed to be a better brand

Years ago I put 3 DVD players in storage because I rarely used them. All 3 worked when they were parked on the top shelf of the hallway closet. I just pulled them down to play some newly aquired CD's. 2 of the 3 were Oppo's and neither one worked. One lit up the power button and the eject button...
  19. Fritz

Anybody run their own local Windows update server using WSUS?

I can see where this would be advantageous but not sure if it's worth what looks like considerable hassle to get up and running.
  20. Fritz

Need help. Windows update borked a fresh install of Server 2012 R2

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (intelppm.sys) can't find my particular situation on Google. Server is in a continuous reboot loop. Is there any way to recover from this without nuking it and starting over? I've bee updating this server all freaking day and then run into this. :( EDIT - Never...