Search results

1. CHANABRA

Original LSI SAS 9300 16i - Problem Flashing. Please Help!

Thanks for adding that, sorry I haven't been a good steward checking my post. I am glad some users were able to benefit, made me smile to see it had helped people. I will have some time this weekend and I will make sure that the commands that worked for you also work for me and then I will edit...
  2. CHANABRA

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

so i have followed a couple peoples recommendations for fans for 7250-24P, all of them fall very short... maybe I am too conservative i just dont like +15C and the poor fellow whos switch psu blew got me being careful as well summer is coming and im not risking it.. anyhow, I tested the Arctic...
  3. CHANABRA

That's what I thought, I guess I just didn't read long enough, thank you for the quick answer.
  4. CHANABRA

So it seems stacking with the 7250 is limited to only other 7250s? What if I wanted some ports with higher bandwidth? Can I still connect and use say a 7450 or 7750 with the 7250 and just not have it officially "stacked"?
  5. CHANABRA

WTB - 1x 7250-24P -- ASAP! Thank you!

Hello, I bought what was labeled a 7250-24P but was actually just a -24, I got a meager small refund, and I still want the poe model... I am willing to pay around 400ish? please hit me up!!
  6. CHANABRA

and can a 7250-24 be upgraded to a 7250-24P?
  7. CHANABRA

well it was labeled as one, so i got a partial refund thank you... still in market for a poe version... i meant -- this is a L3 switch right, so I could theoretically have another managed switch with PoE even 2.5gb poe or higher, and a 10gb uplink to this switch, and I could put the L3 magic on...
  8. CHANABRA

Hey i got a ICX 7250-24P offer accepted for 225 so I thought I should take it. it is not PoE. but it only has a 12v mini psu inside and 1 40x28 fan. it seems I could add 3 less loud 40x20ish fans on the air intake side, and then either remove the loud fan or drill with 40mm holesaw (it has...
  9. CHANABRA

Hello all just dropping a line, thank you all for all the posts and information I can absorb... I appreciate it!! Also, I just sent a message requesting license keys Grabbed a ICX6610-24E for $150 fully functional....seemed like a nobrainer compared to the CRS328-24P when I need full L3....and...
  10. CHANABRA

SOLD: Juniper EX3300-24P

I am looking into purchasing one of these switches to replace my CRS328-24P-4S+RM and relieve my pfsense box of DHCP/VLAN/ETC routing.. It''s my understanding this switch can handle all that no problem as well it isn't the loudest switch and could potentially be modified to be even quieter. Is...
  11. CHANABRA

Sorry for my delayed response. Confirming that I went from 2 SAS addresses to 1 Singular SAS addressand HBA0 with all 16 drives The firmware I used is recommended for freenas/truenas systems but apparently is good to be used anywhere. Check out the post regarding the firmware here...
  12. CHANABRA

LSI 9300-xx Firmware Update 16.00.12.00 Output after booting into truenas core.
  13. CHANABRA

I also have LSI9300-16i and have been messing around with it this morning. Thanks for your post. I followed the commands you posted and noticed that although I used "sas3flash.efi -c 0 -o -e 7" the second 3008 would show up when I input "sas3flash.efi -c 1 -list" so, I went ahead and...
  14. CHANABRA

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

I forgot to add, I currently use FrozenCPU Computer Case Cooling 80mm Directional Fan Duct - FrozenCPU.com this duct from frozen cpu with my Jag Everflow 80x32 chassis fans pulling air out and a 50x50x20 fan attached to the buf E pushing it all in...... 1. Does anyone have a really good...
  15. CHANABRA

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

Buf-E really is a beast. I have a ASRock D-1541, only because i sniped it off ebay for 220 including tax :). I recently got a X10SDV-4C-TLN2F (i think that last part is right), and I am going to be making it a baremetal truenas server. I am currently contemplating if I want another Cooljag...
  16. CHANABRA

Onboard LSI3008 -- External HBA -- Storage on 2 Systems?

system a true nas system b cpu that offloads plex transcoding i wish to have my "media" pool showe up natively on a second system, but still be apart of the main nas. it was to my knowledge you use a sas expander on the host and a HBA on the system you wish to add the storage to. so in my case...
  17. CHANABRA

ok im thrown off again slighly, aplogies. i want to use the Adaptec Expander bcause I want a different system then my TrueNAS host to be transcoding. So I would put the above ADAPTEC 12GB/S 36 PORT SAS EXPANDER IN THE SYSTEM WITH THE TRANSCODING CPU. Then, would I NOT want an "E" card such as...
  18. CHANABRA

again thanks for your help... now would a SAS 9300-16e be able to handle the Adaptec Lenovo 36port 12gb/s SAS Expander Card? Just want to confirm I am starting to conceptually grasp this LSI stuff. It says the 9300-16E (e for external so the ports are facing outside of my case so I can route...
  19. CHANABRA

I am trying to decide on a motherboard for the i5, what is the interface for the 12gb/s sas expander
  20. CHANABRA

I appear to have been airing some ideas lol. So I currently have a System on Chip Intel Xeon D-1541 8C/16T 2.3/2.7 (i believe those spec numbers for speed) ASRock D1541DU_2T8R. I also had access to either i5-11500 or i5-11500T. I really like the ASRock board I feel it is an ideal storage board...