Search results

1. djroketboy

X9DRW-3TF+ Troubleshooting

Alright well... new CPU did the trick and it let me update both the IPMI and BIOS firmware. Other good news is that all my memory works, yay! Bad news is that neither of the 2560L's are detected... so... I have a few questions on that. Is there anything special I need to do for E5-2650L V2’s to...
  2. djroketboy

@RageBone Ok, I'll bite. I'm guessing (hoping) that I can connect to the IPMI interface via serial? (USB 2.0 to RS232 DB9 Serial Cable). I have 3 serial cables here, and none will work (male to female) I need female to female to work with my USB to serial (male) adapter. Is there another way I...
  3. djroketboy

Yes, I purchased it used, and that would be nice to check. It appears they disabled DHCP on the IPMI interface, and I have no idea what is set.
  4. djroketboy

Oh... snap! Ordered it. That would be spectacular if that was all it was... I've been looking at other motherboards, and really dreading the prices ;) Thank you!
  5. djroketboy

I'm trying to narrow down a bad part, and it’s just not jumping out at me. The motherboard is a Supermicro X9DRW-3TF+ populated with two E5-2650L V2’s. Neither have been tested individually as I don’t have any spare CPU’s that would fit in this board; or a spare board that I can test the CPU’s...
  6. djroketboy

Now looking for E5 v3 and advice...

I've been using the Intel Xeon E5-2675 v3 for just over a year now, no issues. It was running a debian box, but have since switched to FreeNAS. I've had no issues at all with this CPU, sadly more memory would be advisable, I only got 64GB when i built it, i wish i had 128GB.
  7. djroketboy

Bug in Intel Atom C2000 series processors?

I contacted SM directly yesterday, they had me open a support ticket, then RMA and it was approved for exchange. It's a A1SRi-2558F. I purchased mine in April.
  8. djroketboy

My next oddball CPU - e5-2675 v3, 16C/32T OEM chip

I ended up buying this last week due to me being an idiot :) (Post) All I can say is WOW!!! This thing is a beast....mine says it is OEM, not an ES, but it does appear to be from China. I tried to stress test it with plex last night... but couldn't get it to break a sweat. 4 HD6 Kindles, 2...
  9. djroketboy

I bit... hopefully not another mistake... I noticed the Chinese ES ones, and honestly didn't trust them. This one appears to be a OEM. I found a reddit thread on it as well as searching here... Reference and more info for anyone searching: Intel Xeon E5-2675 v3 - CM8064401845300 E5-2675 V3...
  10. djroketboy

Thanks for the info. Any idea how a E5-2675 v3 would perform? I've read mentions about it, but no real specs or passmark scores.
  11. djroketboy

So... I finally had the money and time to upgrade our home server, and boy did I blow it. My current server is a Dual Xeon 3GHz (SL8SV) on a Supermicro X6DHE-G2 w/ 16GB ECC memory and two M1015's in IT mode running all of ZFS arrays. It's old as dirt, but been rock solid. So I finally upgraded...
  12. djroketboy

Supermicro CSE-503-200B Riser Card

I see this is kind of an old thread, but I am in a similar situation and have a question for you. I was looking at the CSE-503-200B case, but told by SM support that i need the CSE-503L-200B. They sent me this link. http://www.supermicro.com/support/faqs/faq.cfm?faq=11526 My questions are. Did...