Search results

1. WeekendWarrior

Brocade ICX 7250 - management port not responding

As a modern follow-up note to this older thread: Amazon has a serial-to-USBmini cable for $9 that works great on my 7250 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CL2BPDNK
  2. WeekendWarrior

Practical PCIe gen3 fabric switches?

If we go back to 2016-19, numerous press releases described (seemingly) upcoming releases of PCIe gen3 fabric switches. FWIW, a fabric switch operates like a conventional ethernet switch (interconnecting multiple hosts) while a "fanout switch" expands the number of devices a single host can...
  3. WeekendWarrior

Arista DCS-7050TX-64-F - eBay US

Note that listed units have fans that blow front to rear. I like rear to front so I can put cables in back of rack.
  4. WeekendWarrior

48-port 10GbaseT Arista 7050T/7148T switches

I read your post, about getting a 7148T for $95, with surprise. The 7148T models go for closer to $1000 than $100. I would be happy for you if you bought a 7148T for $95, of course, but I would wonder why I did not see such a bargain because I have eBay alerts set up for such items including...
  5. WeekendWarrior

SM X10DRT-P SXB1 expansion port - source of information about compatible SM cards?

As a follow-up note to the quoted comment: SM FAQ does say that a backplane in SXB2 consumes the JF1 power connector. See FAQ Entry | Online Support | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc. Given that most systems would use a disk-related backplane, I wonder if some other/larger backplane uses...
  6. WeekendWarrior

Agreed re the 7050T-64 having 4x QSFP+ but that model is a lot more expensive than $500 (often more than $1K).
  7. WeekendWarrior

The subject of "inexpensive 10G RJ45 switch" comes up somewhat frequently here. Prices are coming down on these, for older-generation switches. Saw a 48-port, 7050T, seemingly in good condition for $450 plus $40 shipping, which is a very good deal (usually closer to $1000). Also saw today a...
  8. WeekendWarrior

EU [WTB] Mini-ITX 10G

Are you seeking an SFP+ or RJ45 interface? Supermicro has dual-10G boards with either interface in the X10SDV motherboard series, which has IPMI, although the SFP+ one is slightly larger than ITX.
  9. WeekendWarrior

HGST 0T01343 Ultrastar 3.82TB U.2 $199 OBO

Offer of $135 ea for 7x countered with $150 ea FYI. Decent enough.
  10. WeekendWarrior

SM X10DRT-P SXB1 expansion port - source of information about compatible SM cards?

I should clarify that SXB1 is present and open (not used by the disk backplane). Thus, the BPN-ADP-E1C-L 2U backplane seems to use both SXB1/2 connectors but backplanes in my 1U sleds only use SXB2.
  11. WeekendWarrior

Can you help me understand how you know that use of SXB2 precludes use of SXB1? The SXB2 slot is used by the disk backplane, in each node of my 4-node system, but SXB1 is nonetheless present on the X10DRT-P motherboard that seems targeted to 1U sleds and could not therefore be used with...
  12. WeekendWarrior

Thanks to @RolloZ170 and @mattventura for the responses. I will pursue variations on compatible cards from the tree Matt pointed me to. Although I have spent a lot of time on SM's website, I had not see the resource identified.
  13. WeekendWarrior

SM X10DRT-P unusable PCIe connector

In the last of 3x questions I had regarding the X10DRT-P motherboard: we see in the attached image that this motherboard has 2x PCIe slots but this motherboard is targeted for a 1U sled, so my question becomes "how could someone use both slots?" The standard riser card, seen in the attached...
  14. WeekendWarrior

As part of researching the outer boundaries of what the Supermicro X10DRT-P motherboard can do, because I've acquired a few, the existence of the SXB1 expansion port is intriguing as seen in page 1-3 of the manual at Motherboard manual...
  15. WeekendWarrior

SM X10DRT-P BPN-ADP-S3008L-L6IP backplane question

I recently purchased a few Supermicro systems with the X10DRT-P motherboard and BPN-ADP-S3008L-L61P backplane. (Most of) these backplanes have a capability to receive a small SSD as seen in the yellow-annotated portion of the first attached image (see white connector). Curiously, a few of the...
  16. WeekendWarrior

FYI: ixSystems removes dual port sas functionality from Scale

Appreciate the clarification, although the TrueNAS forum moderators seem to discourage anyone but iX support engineers from using the multipath feature (via UI or CLI). See Is multipath setup correctly and enabled? If anyone has experience configuring TrueNAS Core, for multipath, and they had...
  17. WeekendWarrior

FYI: ixSystems removes dual port sas functionality from Scale

Thanks for the heads-up on this change. I want to implement a dual-controller/multipath JBOD solution and am left wondering if such a path is reasonable available.
  18. WeekendWarrior

Colo Space!

FYI Robert (@rnavarro) is great to deal with on colo sharing. Was with him for multiple years all great.