Search results

1. S

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

I happen to be looking at WWAN cards earlier and noticed that they appears to be of m.2 3042 form factor, which is longer than the wifi 2230, and wider than the ssd's 2280, so getting them to fit would be a challenge, unless you can find one in the 2242 size, but in that case they are usually B...
  2. S

Notice that P3 Tiny/m90q G4 (Tiny 9?) wasn't yet added. PCIe Riser is exactly the same as Tiny 8. 2 lower cost PCIe NIC cards are added for Tiny8/9 and appears to be on ESXi compatiblity list from 6.5 to 8.0U2 : Broadcom 5719 4-Ports (PCIe 2.0 x4) - 5A71H31576, baffle appears to be...
  3. S

It seems that the m920x is a closer match to P330 than the m920q. The positioning appears to be : no vPro : m720q -> m70q (losing the PCIe slot) vPro : m920q -> m80q (losing the PCIe slot) vPro, 65w, 2x m.2 : m920x -> m90q
  4. S

Pictures will certainly help to provide greater clarity. Can you share which Intel 10gbe card you used ? There are a few of them.
  5. S

I believe you are referring to m90q Gen1/2 since m70q/m80q lacks the PCIe slot. As far as I can tell they are functionally identical but positioned and marketed differently, however for some strange reason the main board part number are different, even though the NIC/Audio chip etc part number...
  6. S

65W HSF for : P350 Tiny & m90q Gen2 - 5H40U93021 P340 Tiny & m90q Gen1 - 5H40U93019 (discontinued) / 5H40U92966 These part numbers appears to includes both heatsink & fan.
  7. S

M75q with realtek 8111 NIC should in principal work with ESXi 6.7 as there are community realtek drivers for ESXi 6.7. (but not for 7.0) I ran a AMD Zen2 (non TMM) in this manner for close to 2 years and it has been reasonably reliable. There is a baffle for Intel i350-T2 (5M10U50349), but I...
  8. S

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

I don't use plex, but if it is media files, what would you be losing with attaching a USB drive ? If 2.5GbE is enough for the media stream, a SATA SSD on USB 3 should be able to keep up.
  9. S

The bluetooth was also passed thru as a generic device, so that alone may not meant much. I wasn't aware of any whitelist for the P350 tiny, I guess the only sure way to find out is to try it.
  10. S

I would not be hopeful about passing through a USB controller; only a single USB controller is listed on the device list, and unsurprisingly no pass through option is available for it. I had a skylake box that exhibit this behavior so it might have been since then. USB devices, on the other...
  11. S

I have a Nvidia "Quadro" T600 in P350 and there is barely 2cm left. Given the SATA cable's orientation, and the location of the Quadro's fan, I don't see how you can fit a M.2 card in the space left. For NIC wise 2.5G is probably the limit without using the PCIe slot. 3.5Gbps if you consider...
  12. S

For build in NIC, so far it has been only 1Gb. HP Elitedesk 800/805 G6/G8 has add on options for 2.5Gb, but it appears that they can only be added at purchase time. Certain models of Lenovo TMM coffeelake & later that allows a PCIe slot card, for 10Gb that is about the only option at the...
  13. S

The main reason I tested that is to check the cooling effectiveness when both the CPU & GPU are in use. While the heat pipe should be more effective than the regular fans on P620 & T600, it also focus the air intake & outlet on half the unit. It should be interesting what is the overall impact...
  14. S

You should be able to get ESXi 6.7 (not 7.0) to work with the Realtek NIC, check here : ESXi-Customizer-PS (current script is on github)
  15. S

From what I gathered it appears that the P620 & T600 does not comes with heatpipe while P1000 does. Does the back of the unit gets very hot when you run some 3D loads on it ? Like a 3D game ? That happens with the T600 (and I suspect P620)
  16. S

Got a P350 Tiny recently : Specifications : i5-11500T 1x8GB 3200 CL22 SK Hynix 256GB Samsung PM9A1 PCIe Gen4 (it is fortunate it wasn't some strange unknown model) Nvidia T600 4GB GPU Huge 230W power adaptor Observations : I didn't get the toolless chassis screw, no vertical stand was...