Search results

1. T

ESXi Network help

I was actually trying to figure out how to delete the thread because I realized I was being really dumb. you are right, what seems to have done what I needed it to was create a vswitch, assign the raw internet port to the uplink, then create a port group for that switch that I could assign to...
  2. T

ESXi Network help

So, I have a Dell R620 running ESXi. I have two network cables coming into different NICs, each one on it's own network. I am trying to set up ESXi to run a webserver and a Kemp load balancer. now, in my home network, I have two LANs comming off a PFsense box, one connects to my VPN and its...
  3. T

TrueNAS home NAS setup zPool recommendation

Honestly, if I end up having three drives fail in the same zdev all at once... that's what Backblaze is for lol.
  4. T

I am probably going to keep a hot spare and cold spare on hand because I REALLY don't want to lose data lol. Raid z2 array it is. thank you guys
  5. T

so, basically, I am puttin 16 1TB drives into a Dell r720 running TrueNas. I care more about redundancy and capacity than I do IOPS since the most intense thing I will be doing is having a single editor making videos. I do plan on extending the pool later, which I know has to be done with...
  6. T

Kemp load balancer

to anyone else who has this issue, make sure if you change your cloudflare SSL settings to try and figure out what's wrong that you change them back. I had set the server up for full(strict) but was trying to access the server while it was still set to flexible.
  7. T

Kemp load balancer

So, I tried to get fancy and have messed up somewhere and I am not sure where. basic rundown of the important part of my home network. I have a dell r620 running PF sense as my router. I have two lans on that 192.168.2.0/24 and 192.168.3.0/24. I had previously been running an Http web server...
  8. T

Hello, so, I am trying to figure out if I understand ZFS and how I should go about setting up TrueNAS. My current hardware is A dell poweredge R720XD, that has 2 SATA boot SSDs on the rear backplane in one mirror and then 24 drive bays in the front I intend to populate with 1TB SAS drives. I was...
  9. T

Booting RAID 1 TrueNAS on Dell R720XD

I definitely do not have it then, but that's not a bad idea for the price, since SD cards are cheaper than SSDs anyway. The guide on there does allow you to boot from the controller? awesome. that answers everything, thank you so much!
  10. T

Thank you, this is all very useful information! I actually did not know the 720XD had internal SD/USB ports. upon looking inside though I could only find a single USB port internally, although I could not find good info on where to look for them, so maybe you might be able to tell me where I...
  11. T

I mostly wanted to know if you could use the backplane in the rear since its only two slots and I am not sure where else I could mount the ssds. also don't have any SATA power connectors off the PSUs that I could see, so I don't know how I would power them
  12. T

So, Recently I picked up a dell R720XD for a good deal, and I am waiting for my drives to come in to use it as a home NAS. I planned on using truenas with a raidz2 setup using Dell SAS drives and to boot off a raid1 setup using the rear back-plane on the 720xd for a pair of SATA SSDs. In doing...