Search results

1. B

RECOMMENDATION PLEASE: RAID Controller - 6Gb/s or 12Gb/s SAS

Appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Will be for a home file server hosting movies/music & multiple computer hdd images. Will be running in RAID 5 or 6. Thinking max hdds would be at most 8, more than likely 3-4 but prefer all 8 to be able to be run internally. Machine will either...
  2. B

RAID Controller - Which Brand?

Back in the day before SSDs, I always ran 15k SCSI main drives, say a 300GB "C" drive and then a 7.2K PATA larger HDD. I use to run LSI non RAID controllers. I am assume the newer RAID controllers are even better than the old stuff? Any particular model to get if I want a 4-8 I internal and...
  3. B

Recommend me a 6-12Gb/s RAID 1,5, 6 or 10 on a PCI-E 8X card

Looking for a quality SAS 6-12Gb/s RAID card that you can find on eBay so I can use enterprise 6-12Gb/s hdds on (also will acquire through eBay). Tired of these POS consumer spinners dyeing less than 6 mos of them being brand new. Will be going on a older skt1155 with a XEON and in a PCI-E 8X...
  4. B

Networking Noob - Need to run a part combo to make sure all will work together.

I acquired a Brocade ICX6450-48P as I needed more then a dumb switch and also a way to break into 10GbE for a decent price. At the moment I am wanting to connect 2 machines to the SFP+ 10GbE ports on the switch in the most cost effective manner. The 2 machines and the switch are very close in...