Search results

1. S

[SOLVED] RTX2070 not detected on Supermicro X9SRL-F

Yeah, that seems to be it. Card is running @x4. I find supermicro bifurcation settings a bit confusing but after all there is some logic when you get it. Tested with x4x4x8 setting (8x for slot6) and the card was not recognized. I don't know why bifurcation must be used with this card. x16...
  2. S

As a desperate move I flashed older Armor vBios and even tried Ventus and KFA2 vBIOSes. This didn't solve the issue. I was really close to give up but I finally found a solution. And yes. It was one BIOS setting. Under Advanced - Chipset - North Bridge - Integrated IO Configuration I changed...
  3. S

I actually used the corresponding vBIOS from TPU with kvm when I tested the card earlier. It worked and I got rid of Error 53 or what ever it was.
  4. S

I'm going deeper in the issue. I have never dealt with these things. The bytes that differ might be InfoROM releated. I flashed vBIOS multiple times and it never completely matches the rom I was flashing when I dump it afterwards or compare it. There is InfoROM missmatch. Output from nvflash...
  5. S

So, current GPU BIOS version is 90.06.18.40.27. Bios dump from GPU-Z attached. Comparison with all the MSI Armor 8 GB bioses found on techpowerup database. Corresponding bios verison doesn't match. I checked also against all the other MSI card bioses found on database. No match. Of course...
  6. S

It's second hand card. I don't know the exact history but no mining/BIOS flash mentioned in sales ad. It was listed on Finnish IT forum. I will get cards detailed information tomorrow. In earlier test it permormed as expected in Unigine Heaven.
  7. S

I appreciate all the help and thinking done here. Thanks for everyone. But now I'm speechless. Left screen is running RTX 2070 in my main rig. Right one RTX3090 on supermicro board. Both plug-and-play. Windows got loaded and I'm getting output. So there is something really weird going on...
  8. S

No riser in use. The only riser I have sits in my proxmox/pfsense sff builbuild and is x16 version. Live linux was tested with Ubunt and later with fedora. I saw earlier a post on supermicro FAQ about x9 or x10 board with raiser. Answer was that they are not supported. Maybe meaning that they...
  9. S

I have not found any CMS option in BIOS. There is only option to choose from legacy or UEFI only under PCIe/PCI/PnP Confuration - Launch Storage OpROM policy. Pci-e bifurcation settings don't have affect. UEFI only is selected and boot priority is set to UEFI. Windows is installed in UEFI mode...
  10. S

All the pci-e x8 slots are closed end type. I'm not willing to modify those. Without power cables cards lights don't turn on and no initial fan spin either. Nothing else happens. Windows loaded normally and got video from iKVM. So problem shoudn't be power related. Tested again with Radeon...
  11. S

I think I have tested all the possible BIOS settings that could have affect to problem. I will go through different bios settings systematically in case I missed something. Unfortunately I don't have any other same gen gpu to play with but maybe I will give it a try with 3000 series card from...
  12. S

I did fresh install of windows with chipset drivers. No output, no graphics card detected. iKVM screenshot:
  13. S

GPU was working on the other system after it failed to work on supermicro mobo. These I have tried. By default JI2C1/JI2C2 jumpers are shorted. I already opened those. I´ll give it a try with slot4 and shorted/open and open/shorted variations.
  14. S

Windows didn't recognize the card on X9SRL-F board either. No output. Though this was tested with 3.2 BIOS Problem migth also be that bios doesn't initialize the card at all.
  15. S

I have tried both x16 slots (electrically x8). There is no reference for default video pcie in manual. Those slots are working with pci-e x8 devices and older x16 GPU. RTX2070 lights power on and stay on. I have not seen any output from HDMI (it doesn´t matter if integrated vga is disabled or...
  16. S

Hello, I have been trying to get the RTX2070 to work on my server. No luck so far. Graphics card doesn't show on lspci. I have a clean install of Proxmox on spare ssd for testing purposes. UEFI boot is enabled. Tested also with Ubuntu live. Specs: -Supermicro X9SRL-F (currently latest BIOS...