Search results

1. F

3rd Party NAS Size Case Compatable with HP Caddy

Thank you for the reply, but I want to put it in a decent case;)
  2. F

3rd Party NAS Size Case Compatable with HP Caddy

Hello Homelabers! I was wondering if anyone share the same thought of mine that put HP caddy and disk backplane into a NAS size case, I'm really hook with the caddy LED that HP offered, but I didn't find any alike project online so I came for community's help. Thank you!
  3. F

Converting an HP DL380e Gen8 14xLFF Server to a Disk Shelf

Thanks, as hardware are arrived and I did made some progress, I will share some pics later on.
  4. F

Hello, thanks for the reply, my intention was using dl380e g8 disk cage as a external disk enclosure for existing dl360 g9, connecting the mini sas sff 8087 cable from dl380e g8 disk backplane to dl360 g9 onboard sata controller ports as picture shown, then powering the disk cage through g9's...
  5. F

Hi, I was thinking the same thing then I found this thread. I bought a DL380e G8 disk cage and want to connect my existing DL360 G9 at onboard SAS port through mini sas 8087 on disk backplane just for fun. But the power cable and supply was annoying me as I'm not able to find suitable power...
  6. F

Having a hard time choosing RAID Controller

Hello friends, I've been learning a while on this sub and build up a server with below spec: Motherboard: Supermicro X9DRL-3F CPU: E5 2650L x2 RAM: 96GB Storage: 1TB Samsung EVO 870 x2 Hypervisor: ESXi 6.7U3 Bootable USB: Kingston DataTraveler G3 and now I am planning on purchase a raid...