Search results

1. N

ESXi + OmniOS w/ napp-it - Optimizations/Recommended Settings?

Has anyone managed to get jumbo packets working on the vmxnet3 adapter? Solaris related forums confuse me on the correct way of configuring this.
  2. N

OI + Napp-it doesn't see SSD drive

Yup that's it. Plextor doesn't use WWN, they're the same and looking at smartctl output on the web gives drives that all have the same WWN. I sent Plextor support a mail about it but doubt it will hardly solve anything. So to all looking into SSD on LSI SAS2 adapters, stay away from Plextor...
  3. N

I have found a few utilities to help me too. The first is LSI Util found here: http://www.juhonkoti.net/media/LSIUTIL-1.63.zip Its output: root@openindiana:/usr/bin# lsiutil LSI Logic MPT Configuration Utility, Version 1.63, June 4, 2009 4 MPT Ports found Port Name Chip...
  4. N

Hi, Need some help with a strange problem :). I have built an All-In-One based on the following components: Motherboard: Supermicro X9SRL-F Processor: Xeon E5-2620 RAM: 64GB DDR3 ECC SAS: 3x IBM M1015 flashed in IT mode Everything is working very well. It's running ESXi 5.1 and the latest OI...
  5. N

Wd30ezrx wdidle

I haven't received mine yet but according to the review at Anandtech smartctl can do the job of setting these parameters and completely disable TLER.
  6. N

Seek Raid Opinions for ZFS Build

After yesterday's great input I was starting to think in that direction as well dswartz. Right now I'm thinking a combination of 11 disk RAIDZ3 will yield +/- 22TB of optimal "slow" storage for the movies / tv series. The other 4 disks in RAID10 will yield 5.5 TB of faster storage and I can add...
  7. N

Great input guys, thanks! Now I have even more to ponder on :-)
  8. N

Hi, I'm building an all-in-one (ESXi + OI) as many before me have. The system will have a Xeon E5-2620, 64GB RAM, 3 IBM M1015s that connect 16 WD REDs 3TB disks for data, 2 Plextor M3Ps 256GB for L2ARC and I'm still thinking about an SSD for the ZIL (Samsung 830 64GB). It is designed to be a...