Search results

1. T

FS: Unifi USG-PRO-4 - NIB ($150)

New in Box, Unifi USG-PRO-4. Traded via another deal to get a Dream Machine Pro and ditch my Cloud Key, same time. Never installed. Opened to check for all the parts. Asking $150 + reasonable shipping cost in US. Willing to trade for functional PCIE Intel OR Connect-X 10G SFP+ NICS, of a...
  2. T

DOCKER Swarm Advice

Good Morning, Afternoon, or Evening... First, Disclaimer: This is not a question for anyone to help me with my homework, work project for profit, or anything like that... I've got some equipment in several geographically separated locations around the world. A Supermicro SuperServer...
  3. T

Supermicro Xeon-D 1587 Squid Performance

We're looking to repurpose an excess Server, the Supermicro Xeon-D 1587 (16c/32t). It was bought on another budget with excess everything, Max RAM (128GB), 480GB NVME SSD, 1 TB SATA-SSD. We have a lot (2200 iPads) of internal Mobile Clients that download large databases from the Internet...
  4. T

Longshot -- F5 APM Admins

This is a long shot, but anyone have extensive or moderate experience with F5 APM (iRule) and SharePoint farms. Sadly, its not a job offer, but one of my projects is 99% done, but now we're stuck in a loop issue (at the one yard line) with authenticating to a SharePoint via a Mobile App (App...
  5. T

Xeon-D vs Xeon in a 1U Context

So Let me try to clearly define my requirements: Between a 1 and 2U rack sizing. Short depth, so total depth cannot exceed 18.5" with the power cable. Front Facing IO due the space limitation Overall Price generally below $1300 Not Required but SFP+ would be a great addition. My problem...
  6. T

USG-PRO-4 Real World Throughput Tests

Anyone have any real world throughout experiences with the Ubiquity USG Pro 4? I'm shopping out an off-the-shelf device for a 500 unit, high end condo community (actually 3 combined). Each unit has gigabit fiber and authenticates using PPPoE, so that complicates things. Data sheets have some...
  7. T

Mythbuntu - C2550/C2750/C2558/C2758 Atom Performance

Anyone have any real world experience with using the C Series processors specifically with Ubuntu for MythTV? I haven't dedicated to one of the processor types yet, but saving money is always the goal. C2758 might be the end-game, no matter, for expandability. I have 6 HDHOMERUN Prime tuners...